17 Amazing Life Lessons I Learned In High School That I Wish I Knew Earlier

Experience can teach you things that staring at a book can't.

194

Throughout life, we go through changes and ideas from the new experiences we meet. Everyone learns one or two things during different periods in their life, whether its elementary school or university. High school was a roller coaster of change, and there was a lot I learned just from the twists and turns. So here are my 17 favorite life lessons from high school.

1. It's easy to judge others, especially when you are not in their shoes.

2. Life is a race, but it's up to you how you run it.

3. When the world pulls you down, you pull yourself up higher.

4. Reflection is key to our mental processes because it assists us with all the decisions we take in our lives through the rocky roads of reality.

SEE ALSO: Persistence In Maintaining A Belief Is Necessary To Get Anywhere In Life

5. Our pitfalls are our detour from our path to success.

6. Say yes when you get a break because you never know when you will get your next one.

7. Change depends on what you make it, so open your arms to it.

8. Stress ain't good for things not in your hands, let it go.

9. 1/3 of the people love you the way you are, 1/3 don't really care, and 1/3 don't like you no matter what you try.

So let go of the 2/3rds and focus on the 1/3rd.

10. Words hurt, so use your sword wisely.

11. Those who surround do affect you in some way or another.

So be near those who hold your morals.

12. The single life is amazing, who said a relationship is necessary?

13. Open yourself to others, don't be scared for who you are.

14. Connect with teachers and school staff, they do their job for you.

SEE ALSO: High School Teachers Don't Get Paid Enough For All They Do So The Least You Can Do Is Thank Them

15. Taking small risks in life for future prospects won't hurt you a lot, so take them head-on.

16. Life is too short, remember to make the most of your memories now.

17. You are who you are because of what you believe and stand for.