The Amazing Concept Of Books Being Made Into Films

It's given me motivation to read more.

11
4love.ge

Recently I saw a trailer for a movie that I got super excited for and could not stop watching behind the scenes about. I found out that it was a book first and it is now being made into a movie. This meant that I didn't have to wait for the movie, I can read the book and know everything. (and I never read.)

It's called Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children.

I finished this book within a week. I hate reading. Even textbooks for classes I'm interested in. I hate them. I'll start books, but never finish. Once I started reading this book though, I couldn't put it down. It got me thinking though. How incredible it is to turn books into movies.

By turning a book into a movie, it gives people motivation to read the book before the movie comes out because they are excited for it. I started reading Twilight in High School because I couldn't wait, same goes for Dear John and The Last Song. But, with Paper Towns, and The Hunger Games, I had already seen these movies so eventually gave up before I finished reading the books.

If the film industry just had the promotion of the film last a little bit longer, I'm sure more people would read more-- I know I'm going to start. Especially since books have so much more detail then they do in movies. There's been multiple books that I read, then watched the movie and noticed somethings were different. Maybe its me getting older but I'm slowly learning to love reading.

Here are some of my favorite books that have turned into movies:

Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children

It's about a young boy, Jacob, who's grandfather was attacked by a monster. Nobody believed Jacob and sent him to a therapist to work out his problems. After searching through his grandfathers things, he found a letter written by a Miss Peregrine who lived in London. He travels there with his dad in hopes to find closure but ends up going back in time and finding a unique and magical house that's home to unique children with special talents (such as invisibility, flame thrower, flying, etc.).

Paper Towns

It's about a mysterious girl, Margo Roth Spiegelman, who only loves adventure. She crawls through her neighbor's, Quentin, bedroom window (he's secretly in love with her) and asks him to drive her around all night. She wants to seek revenge on her friends so they have an adventures night, but the next morning at school she wasn't there. She's left clues around for him and he makes it his mission to unlock the mystery.

Dear John

This is probably one of my favorites. Maybe because I grew up in a military city with a military family. It starts off in 2001 with the main character, John, a Staff Sergeant in the Army Special Forces, who is on a two-week-leave in his hometown of South Carolina. He meets a girl named Savannah who he spends the rest of his time with and they fall in love. Eventually he has to go back to Europe where he is stationed at when the terrorist attacks of September 11th happen. The book revolves around the aftermath of his relationship with Savannah through it's ups and downs, as well as the struggles he has with his relationship with his autistic father.

The 5th Wave

This is a stellar cool movie that was a book beforehand. I loved it because it has to do with aliens and I love those things. But anyways, The 5th Wave is about an alien species that has taken over the world within 5-waves. First wave shut off the electricity, second wave created a massive earthquake causing tsunamis and other destructions, third wave made a deadly virus spread throughout, fourth wave was when they noticed that the aliens were among them. It's a jam packed action book with adventure of survival and tad bit of romance.

Divergent

Divergent is based in the future where the country is decided into 5 different parts. At age 16, you're placed into one of the categories. If you fail the tests then you get placed in a 6th part that is looked down upon in the community. Those people are on the run. It follows the life of Tris, who is supposed to be the rarest of the divergent breed.

Harry Potter

I don't think I really need a description for this but here I go. It's about a young boy, Harry, who's an orphan that lives with his cruel uncle and his family. At age 11, he finds out he is anything but ordinary and is a wizard. He goes to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry where he experiences 10 years of adventure, unlocking secrets about his past, and dodging death from his rival Lord Voldemort.