I Am Who He Says I Am

I Am Who He Says I Am

His grace has found me just as I am: empty-handed but alive in His hands.
194

The past few months have been a period of refinement. This time of being under fire has been an opportunity to dig in to the basics. In a life with an enemy who is looking only to steal, kill, and destroy, it is important to be aware of the truth.

1. I am valuable. Matthew 10:31 "So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

2. I am wonderfully made. Psalm 139:4 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made."

3. I am new. 2 Corinthians 15:57 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

4. I am alive in Christ. Romans 6:11 "In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus."

5. I am a child of the light. Ephesians 5:8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light.

6. I am a witness. Acts 1:8 "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem."

7. I am victorious.1 Corinthians 15:57 "But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

8. I am a citizen of Heaven. Philippians 3:20 "But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ."

9. I am an ambassador for Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:20 "We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us."

10. I am worthy. Ephesians 4:1 "As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received."

11. I am chosen. Revelation 17:14 "They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers."

12. I am a servant. Acts 26:16 "Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me."

13. I am loved. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

I am His. Romans 14:8 says, “If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.” We are fully and completely whole in Christ and there is nothing that can come in the way of His love for us. I encourage you to pray for eyes to see yourself the way God does. It is life changing when you realize how equipped you are to stand up for His name.

Another important thing to remember is that all 7.5 billion children of God were uniquely created for His glory. We were all created in the image of God and we are all chosen and worthy and beautiful and everything that He says we are. It is so important to think of others when reading these truths because we are then more likely to see others as God sees them which will bring us closer to Him.