I Am Under Construction

I Am Under Construction

A work in progress.

407
I Am Under Construction
Zeren Badar

I am under construction. Yes, I am not yet complete; I am a work in progress, and I continue to change the blueprint, never wanting to remain the same. I only erase and reconstruct the parts of myself I feel need the most changing because that is an arcitecht's job afterall, to get their work of art, perfect; and I am the architecht of my own self.

There is no telling when and if I will ever achieve perfection with myself, and let me emphasize the fact that I don't mean my looks. Forget about that. That hardly means a thing when I'm trying to become the person I long to be, the person I am meant to be.

See, I wasn't brought into this world to be too concerned with my looks when I have a fire in me with flames that cannot be extinguished, when I have the potential to save a life or two with my words, when I have so much more to offer than just a pretty face. I don't completely understand my purpose in life just yet, and it's not something I need to figure out all at once, just like how I'm a bit of a mess, and I don't need to sort myself out all at once just yet either.

I'm still in the midst of construction, like I said before. Don't hold me to my word that the end result will be perfect, but I promise it will be something great, something spectacular, and the road there will be hard, but oh, how beautiful it will be to suffer for something as exciting as bettering myself; and granted, not all of it will be suffering.

I am still under construction, and I won't tell you when I won't be anymore because truth be told, I don't even know the answer to that question myself, and I won't deny the fact I'm not all put together because I'm not.

And I am not afraid to admit that, nor am I afraid to do what I must do to change that, no matter how long that may take.