I Am Not What I Once Was

I Am Not What I Once Was

A Short Poem

10
I Am Not What I Once Was

Fall blackened me,

tucking my first scandal beneath my sleeve-

I can still feel it crawling up and down my arm,

burrowing in the space between

my skin and bones

and calling it home.

Winter hardened me,

callousing my palms,

crystallizing my compassions.

Sent my judgments scampering forth

like fire-bellied dragons.

Into the night they unspooled infernal exhales

and returned with a singed squalor

limply drooping from their jaws.

Spring tore it out of me,

ripping my skin

and reaching in

deep-

a procedure I won't forget-

my most painful permutation yet.

And now these pains have passed

because

my lesions learned to heal fast.

But I am not what I once was.

What Your Car's Color Says About Your Personality

Your color choice speaks volumes. It doesn't just emit an image for the car, it also says something about your style and personality! It's a form of self-expression. Are you confident? Are you sophisticated? Are you easy-going? Are you outgoing? Are you practical? As you're reviewing car sites for your next car purchase, what color will you opt for? Find out what certain color choices says about you!

112450

When it comes to car shopping you likely have certain preferences, including what color it should be. Your color choice speaks volumes. It doesn't just emit an image for the car, it also says something about your style and personality! It's a form of self-expression. Are you confident? Are you sophisticated? Are you easy-going? Are you outgoing? Are you practical? As you're reviewing car sites for your next car purchase, what color will you opt for? Find out what certain color choices says about you!