Why You Should Always Attend Every Wedding You're Invited To

10 Reasons You Should Say ‘I Do’ On Your RSVP To A Wedding

Wedding season is the best season.

34

While I've only been to three weddings, one of which I was in, and a fourth one coming up this spring, I've had an absolute blast at each one of them. Seriously, what's not to love about attending a wedding? As I've gotten older, I've definitely begun to understand that there's so much more to a wedding than just having a nice meal and dancing the night away with friends and family. You're celebrating a couple's journey and the beginning of their lives together as newlyweds. If you're in a relationship, going to weddings definitely makes you think about your own future and it's also a great way to get ideas about what you want your wedding to be like someday.

Here are 10 reasons you should say 'I do' on your RSVP to a wedding.

1. It’s a privilege to be invited to share this special time for two people.

There's usually a limit as to how many people can be invited to the wedding and you're lucky enough to be one of them, so you should definitely show your gratitude and attend. Plus, seeing the bride and groom say, "I do" at the wedding ceremony is something extremely special and emotional, and is an honor to be able to be a part of.

2. The bride and groom have spent countless hours planning everything to be absolutely perfect on their special day.

So why wouldn't want you to be a part of it?

3. You get to see friends and family you might not have seen in a while.

Weddings are a great opportunity to spend quality time with loved ones and share this special experience. It's a special time to get to see family or friends you might not have seen in years.

4. You’re guaranteed to be fed.

At all of the weddings I've been to, there is always a variety of delicious foods and tons of it. There are countless appetizers, main courses, desserts, you name it.

5. You get to show off all your dance moves you’ve been hanging on to.

If you're attending a wedding, there's bound to be a dance floor and some type of DJ at the reception. Once people have gotten a chance to mingle and take pictures, one of my favorite parts about the wedding reception is getting to take off your heels, dance the night away and be a total goofball.

6. If you’re 21, you finally get to fully indulge in cocktail hour.

Say goodbye to the non-alcoholic Shirley Temple and hello to the glass of classy wine.

7. You get to get all dressed up in fancy clothes and look your best.

Wedding= shopping spree am I right?

8. There are always crazy stories.

Whether you caught the bouquet and were the next person to actually get married or you met your future husband or wife at a wedding or even were dancing so hard you fell on your face, there are always great stories to bring back from weddings.

9. You get to meet people.

Whether you're at a family wedding or a friend's wedding, you're bound to be introduced to tons of people you've never met. Maybe you'll finally get to meet the groom's family or make a new friend or meet someone who will become more than a friend in the future.

10. You can get ideas for your future wedding.

It's almost impossible to attend a wedding and not find yourself thinking about your own future and where it lies. You might find yourself wondering what season you would have your wedding in, what type of food you would serve, who your bridesmaids and maid of honor would be, etc.

I'm so excited to attend my cousin's wedding this coming spring. These 10 things are definitely on my list of what I'm looking forward to.