You Need To Be Happy With Yourself To Live A Happy Life

At The End Of The Day, You Will Always Have Yourself

The way this world works, you are the only permanent thing in your life.

222

I spent the majority of my life trying to "fit in." I always wanted people to like me. I always wanted to chase people even if the feelings were not reciprocated. But, I learned I need to stop wanting things from other people and to always put myself first and want myself.

As you stroll through life, you will always find people telling you, "I am forever here for you," but the truth of it is, people fall out, and sometimes, those words didn't actually ever mean anything.

We all age, people grow up and get older, they start their lives. Friends move away, family becomes extended, and sometimes the ones you thought were always going to be in your life, they aren't.

I cannot emphasize this enough: that life moves rapidly and you are in control of your own actions and everything you do.

You cannot live a happy life if you aren't happy with yourself.

You cannot progress your life if you make no effort to do so, and you can't always rely on others.

I know in life I have forever friends, and I have forever family members that will be a constant in my life. But, I always know that I have to take care of myself because nobody will ever do it for me. I know that I need to remain optimistic and positive that things are coming my way as a blessing.

I need to remain strong and have the strength that I will be OK in life.

I always have this false perception in my life that I need as many people in it as possible, when in reality, all I need is myself.

Throughout the last couple of months, I learned that my life is an open door. I will surround myself with people who bring out the best in me, but I don't ever need you: the door is always open for you to walk right out of it. I refuse to chase people, I refuse to beg folks to stay in my life, and I most definitely can get by independently.

When you're by yourself, you start to notice more about yourself. There's no immediate person to compare yourself to. Not so surprisingly, you can learn a lot that way! You'll know what makes you happy.

Be a nice person to yourself first. Always grant your own wants, wishes, and needs before someone else's because, at the end of the day, you only have yourself to be happy with.

We do NOT owe anything to anybody in this world.

But, we do owe ourselves everything in this world.

Life is about rolling with the punches and expecting the unexpected. Take care of yourself, be independent, find your strengths, and never think you need someone in your life.

After all, you are pretty lucky to have yourself!!