Why I Also Became An English Major

Why I Also Became An English Major

My reasons for become an english major.

8
Why I Also Became An English Major
ignitumtoday.com

Like my first article that focused on the reasons that I became a communication major, this article will focus on the reasons why I also became an English major. A large majority of us on Odyssey write because we have a love for writing, and so do I. I have always enjoyed the concept of writing and the idea of creating things through the use of written language. To create stories and characters was a fun way of expressing myself and a good way to destress.

Along with my enjoyment of writing, I became an English major because it interested me. Reading about different authors and their works allowed to see an insight into what the people of that time period considered popular, as well as the writing styles that were being used. With those lines in mind, I was able to study those authors and their works in order to follow or not follow in their style, allowing me to come up with my own way of writing and how I see the world.

Another reason I became an English major is it will help me it come to the journalism field that I want to go into. With my communication and English background, I can be better prepared for my job in the future and others that might happen to come my way. With this major, I hope to learn more about myself as a writer and improve my skills, as well as learning the history and techniques of my fellow writers that came before me.