I Hope The Sexual Harassment Allegations Against President Boren Get Resolved Quickly

I hope this mess gets resolved as quickly and with as much civility as possible.

113

Our former OU President David Boren has been accused of sexual harassment by a number of male aides during his tenure from the university.

VP of Marketing and Communications, Lauren Brookey, states that the university is obligated to investigate these allegations of sexual misconduct and "'appropriate individuals' will have an opportunity to be interviewed during this investigation." They say the Jones-Day law firm was confirmed to be on an ongoing investigation on the matter; as of this time, extensive details have yet to be released. However, it has been confirmed that a total of $84.802.50 has been issued from Jones-Day for this investigation. Boren's attorney, Bob Burke, states that this investigation was preemptively leaked to the media with a lack of definitive information, accuses someone in the OU administration of acting out of malice to spite Boren.

An OU student that I talked to says that Boren should be investigated thoroughly. He's skeptical about Boren's previous attitudes towards actions towards the University. However, he believes that if President Gallogly was accused of the same accusations as Boren, people would call for his immediate resignation from the campus.

Another OU student who talked to me says that she wishes these accusations were not true, as she looked up to him while she was a freshman; however, she believes that the investigation should be conducted appropriately, and if Boren was guilty of these accusations, then it would change her opinion of him and the university.

I can think about the massive backlash if the accusations concerning Boren happen to be true. Almost every student that I have talked to about Boren holds him high in regard. I can imagine the shifted tones they could have in the future if the President that they cherished so much ended up to be not what they thought he was. As a sophomore at OU, almost finishing my second year, I do not have much knowledge or opinion about Boren. However, I hope that this mess gets resolved as quickly and with as much civility as possible.