All The Makeup You Need To Be Ready In 15 Minutes

Because everyone wants to sleep just a little more.

51

With school just around the corner it means that we are all slowly creeping closer to getting back into class dress and especially planning out a lineup of what to wear to look great on our first week back. With that comes the decision to sleep in 30 more minutes or to wakeup and put makeup on to have your look complete. Waking up is always a struggle and why get out of your comfy cocoon of a bed and face the real world when you can forget it exists for another 30 minutes. But this summer I came to a compromise between my desire to look like a normal human being and staying in bed as long as possible by figuring out a 15 minute full face of makeup routine without necessarily going all out, but still looking cute.

1. Primer (and eye serum if necessary)

Primer may seem like a waste of money and time but it is what will make your foundation appear even and make your foundation last longer throughout the day. One of my favorite primers is e.l.f. mineral infused primer (pictured above and available for $6). They have great primers that suit your needs whether it be to brighten or adjust the tone of your skin. Another issue I and many other people have is my ongoing battle with dark circles. For those who fight the good fight as well I recommend always using eye serum, even if you choose to not wear makeup that day. It will only get better with consistent use. To apply place a less than pea sized amount of serum on your ring finger, dab against the opposite ring finger then gently rub or tap the serum onto your under eye, starting from the outside corner moving in. One serum that I recommend for those who don't want to break the bank is Reviva Labs Firming Eye Serum available for $18.99 but is also often on sale for less. If youre looking for a more high end product to really battle your dark circles then I recommend Chanel's Hydra Beauty Micro Gel Yeux available for $68.

2. Foundation

I personally love to use foundation with SPF in it because the more you can protect your skin now the better it will look later and the less you will have to spend on beauty products to fix the damage the sun has done. My favorite is e.l.f. BB cream with SPF 20 ($6), it goes on easy and lasts throughout the day while protecting your skin. It can give a bit of shine from the sun screen but when used in combination with e.l.f. High Definition Powder ($6) you can achieve a great matte finish that is sure to last throughout your day.

3. Concealer

To me, concealer is one of the few makeup items to splurge a little more on for two reasons. One, it lasts a ridiculously long time so in the end $20 for something you use for a whole year is worth it. And two, in my personal experience the more cost friendly stuff doesn't last as well during the day as the more expensive products. A great concealer that can be afforded on a college student's budget is Kat Von D's Lock-it Concealer Crème available for $26. Honestly the research results provided on Sephora's page for this product speak for itself. Small note to my girls who want to hide their dark circles! Put the concealer on your under eye IMMEDIATELY after the eye serum. Use a concealer brush and gently dab concealer from the outside corner of your eye and work your way in. If your dark circles are as serious as mine are and concealer can cause creases use your ring finger and gently touch and hold on the crease, do not rub. The heat from your finger should melt the concealer enough for it to blend and set. Repeat this till the crease is no longer there. However if it still remains there then use some setting powder immediately after application to lock the concealer in place.

4. Eyeshadow primer

Eye shadow primer is a must for anyone who wants to have an all day wear and, depending on the shadow, bolder colors from their shadow. Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion is one of the best primers and is not too pricey. It lasts forever (and thats coming from someone who uses it every day) so it makes the $20 totally worth it! it comes in a couple different variations but the original.

5. Eyeshadow

I could honestly talk about eyeshadow for days because it is my favorite part about makeup. It allows you to express yourself and your style even more so I have always found it a must to put on eyeshadow when I want to put on makeup. Some like matte shadow and other like some with a little sparkle (like me). Both types of people can find shadow palettes they LOVE from e.l.f. on their website or in your local convenience store. The best part about the e.l.f. palettes is that they have one for all types of eyeshadow tastes whether it be matte, beige tones sparkles, or bright copper and gold shimmer shadows. These palettes are also very similar to Urban Decay's very popular Naked palettes but at a fraction of the price (e.l.f. $10, Urban Decay $54).

6. Eyeliner

Liner is the most amazing and frustrating part of putting on makeup. Everyone wants to have perfect winged liner like Becky from your math class but you don't have the same eye shape as Becky or the skills to get that winged look. Truth is the best person to know what eyeliner looks best on your eyes is you. So if you are among the many who are not confident with their liner skills, then I suggest getting some in-expensive liner like e.l.f.'s Glide-On Gel Eyeliner ($3) and sitting in front of a mirror with lots of makeup remover and practicing what looks best for your eye.That way once you lock down your eyeliner technique it becomes a quick add on to your easy everyday makeup routine.

7. Mascara

Mascara is an easy way to make your eyes pop just a little more so it is a must for your quick easy makeup routine. I recommend Benefit's BADgal Lash Mascara ($10 for travel size $19 for regular) because it creates both volume and length. I have used this for years and so has my mom and sister and we all love it. One bottle lasts me a long time too so the $19 to me are worth it.

8. Blush

Especially after applying foundation, everyone can looked a little washed out. Thats why blush has to be a part of the quick everyday routine cause nobody really wants to look one solid color. A great blush is the Milani Rose Powder Blush which comes in eight different shades for $8.99. Not only are the colors great but the rose pattern is adorable and irresistible.

9. Lip

Everyone loves a good lip color however sometimes getting that old lipstick of yours to cooperate with you in the morning before class. Thats why these lipstick pens from e.l.f. ($3) are great because they glide on and are easy to use. They only come in matte colors but many other brands like NARS make cute glossy lip pens as well, as long as you don't mind the higher price tag.

As long as you know how to wield your makeup correctly all this can be done in 15 min or less and you will look #flawless throughout the day!