To All The Graduating Seniors

To All The Graduating Seniors

Remain focused but remember to enjoy it all.

3
Youthministry360

To all of you that are graduating in the fall or spring, there is one more month until the beginning of the end. It feels just like yesterday when we moved in. I can still remember the drive, the breakfast I ate, how my parents suggested my room be set up, and to when my parents left me for good that day. It’s crazy to think that this is the final chapter of the common phrase, “the best four years of your life.”

It’s a very bittersweet feeling, some of us never want to give the college life up. Some of us are ready to launch our careers in the real world, others wish that we could never grow up, and some of us wish we could relive our first freshman year party... The Pink House for my fellow classmates.

Senior year, whether it’s in high school or college, is supposed to be the year that everyone enjoys the most but it’s also one of the most stressful years of our education. This year will include internships, job applications, portfolios, résumé building, and pretty much everything that says you’re about to be a part of the real world. If it’s anything like high school, "senioritis" should hit in by the first exam, if not sooner. We need to embrace our last year by cherishing time with friends.

Reminiscing about you and your friends’ favorite memories can always be a good laugh but just go out and make new ones. You can always talk about them when we grow older, so don’t let any time go to waste. Life is stressful, so don’t waste one of the greatest years of your life thinking about what’s next. We need to go into our senior year as if we are just moving in for the first time. Try new things, meet new people, and make it all memorable. I think I can vouch for 99.9 percent of the readers of this article that would agree that the whole process of growing up sucks. Don’t get me wrong, there is plenty of positives but at the same time it’s absolutely terrible.

This is our last year to make an impact and to leave lasting impression on all of those that will attend our universities in the future. This is our year to make campus ours, we’ve been here the longest and deserve this. And 2016 has been one of the wildest years ever, if not the wildest. From the twitter fights between our presidential candidates to feeling the “Bern” to the tragic yet reoccurring acts of terrorism to diseases all around the world… This real world we’re about to join isn’t a place where happiness is all too common.

There is so much negativity that surrounds us every day, we see it all over social media and the news. So before we all start to stress on what’s coming next after graduation, take a second to take a deep breath, have fun but don’t forget to graduate. As Asher Roth would say, “I love college, do I really have to graduate or can I just stay here for the rest of my life?”