The Enneagram assessment is a personality test which claims to have categorized everyone into nine numbers. Each number is paired with a key descriptive characteristic, although percentages of all nine numbers complete your personality.
Free Enneagram assessments are available online, and they're designed to understand your fears, motivations, and inner feelings. Those who have taken the test now identify as their number, and it has become a quick fad. Books, blogs, merchandise, and numerous social media accounts have been created in dedication to the Enneagram. There are even Enneagram experts!
One unique development that has taken form from this phenomenon, is an album with songs dedicated to each one of the Enneagram types. The musical artist, Sleeping At Last, has tailored melodic tracks specific to the qualities of each number. This project has taken him nearly two years, due to the amount of time it takes to make each song. His goal in completing his album, Atlas, is to have created a song that resonates with each type. The lyrics for your designated song should conjure up deep feelings, ultimately touching a part of your soul.
I will warn you though, when taking the assessment be truly honest to how you feel inside. Pay no attention as to how you think others perceive you, because if you're not honest with yourself you can be mistyped. It's also important to note that the Enneagram has spiritual aspects. Many of the books give advice on how to work on your relationship with God depending on your type, even providing helpful advice on how to interact or understand your spouse of a different number. The topics discussed are deep and revealing.
9 Enneagram Types
1. The Perfectionist: Perfectionists, responsible, fixated on improvement
2. The Helper: Helpers who need to be needed
3. The Achiever: Focused on the presentation of success, to attain validation
4. The Individualist: Identity seekers, who feel unique and different
5. The Investigator: Thinkers who tend to withdraw and observe
6. The Loyalist: Conflicted between trust and distrust
7. The Enthusiast: Pleasure seekers and planners, in search of distraction
8. The Challenger: Taking charge, because they don't want to be controlled
9. The Peacemaker: Keeping peace and harmony
Now that you're informed... will you take the test?