Alex Trebek Was The Game Show Host None Of Us Deserved

Jeopardy! won't be the same without the icon himself.

54

Just to add to the terrible season 2020, now on episode 11 titled 'The World We Live In,' we lost the beloved host Alex Trebek. Whether you were an avid 'Jeopardy!' viewer or just enjoyed seeing clips on Twitter of the silly answers contestants would say, Trebek's passing is a punch to the gut.

Trebek managed to give us thousands upon thousands of unique episodes of 'Jeopardy!'. His charisma never failed to make every episode as entertaining as the next. Although he wasn't the OG host, he certainly defined the 'Jeopardy!' franchise we all know and love today. Game shows, especially quiz ones, have seen their days, but it's admirable that Trebek was able to keep 'Jeopardy!' from becoming obsolete.

The 'Jeopardy!' host gave us a show that we could all look forward to watching every weekday. He gave us a show we could watch with our parents or grandparents. He even gave us a show that gamblers were willing to bet on. Trebek was able to touch such a wide audience, something only a few can do. He never had a negative light shed on him.

Trebek was an unproblematic and wholesome individual. He donated to charities, ran after a burglar trying to rob him, and filled a hole in America's heart that we all didn't know needed to be filled. From here on out, we will all be hit with a wave of nostalgia when we stumble upon a YouTube compilation video of unconventional 'Jeopardy!' answers. We may even get a little glum when we stumble upon that video, you know, THAT video (go ahead, click on it).

While the new host of 'Jeopardy!' hasn't been disclosed yet, we all know they have big shoes to fill.