Albums To Live By

Albums To Live By

They aren't just singles, they are a group of songs that just work.

9
Albums To Live By
http://www.brasilpost.com.br/rodrigo-borges/as-musicas-ruins-que-tant_b_9227406.html

In this day and age it's very difficult to produce a body of work that people can just jam to beginning to end. We are living in the age of mass produced singles that get played repeatedly for hours on every radio station it seems you can't ever escape, and then you find yourself mindlessly singing along only because you've heard the song so many times. Because of this, it can be really difficult to produce an album where listeners can't place all their attention on just one song, because all of it is so freaking good. While it's difficult, some of the greatest have managed to do just that. And here they are:

1. "My Aim Is True" by Elvis Costello

It may seem silly to some to put such a legend on a list that also has Justin Bieber, but this album has to be on here for reasons that are just self explanatory. If you haven't been exposed to Elvis Costello, look him up and fall in love.

2. "Continuum" by John Mayer

Now I think this album may be on many lists just because it is so good. John Mayer combines lyrics that just speak to heartbreak and soothing acoustic sounds to make this album what it is. It has become a go to for people going through a breakup, and a go to for people who just want to listen to some of the best of John Mayer.

3. "Beyoncé" by Beyoncé

Now Lemonade has definitely gained all of the attention this year, but I still think that"Beyoncé" shouldn't lose any momentum. I think this album, as an overall, had people head banging, bumping and basking in the life that Beyoncé says they can have. Everything Beyoncé does is amazing, no one can deny that, but this album is definitely up there.

4. "25" by Adele

I am such a massive Adele fan. I think her personality is amazing and her voice is just a gift from the gods, which is why she had to be on this list. Her long awaited album debuted this year and had me running to the store to buy a physical copy, which I haven't done in ages. It's filled with the same massive ballads and up beat songs that make you fall in love with the whole thing.

5. "channel ORANGE" by Frank Ocean

"channel ORANGE" was exactly what I needed in my life in 2012. I love Frank Ocean, which is why I'm so bitter that he has yet to release any music since "channel ORANGE," but we'll move past that for this list. "channel ORANGE" is such a good album from beginning to end, all of his songs sound different but a good different that makes everything flow, in the best possible way. I need that in my life again, and I am not-so-patiently waiting for when I can hear it.

6. "Purpose" by Justin Bieber

Now this album is on here because "Purpose" was the biggest surprise anyone could have received from J. Biebs. It was 19 songs that were all really good, and it's not just me who thinks so. At one point Justin had 17 songs simultaneously in Hot 100 charts breaking the Beatles' record and Drake's record. This album is banging and guaranteed it brought a large amount of new fans in.

Everyone has different music tastes and I'm sure some will look at this list and just question everything I know about music. But if you haven't heard some of these albums I encourage you do so because they aren't just singles, they are a group of songs that just work. You're bound to fall in love with each of them.