8 Things You’re DEFINITELY Familiar With If You Grew Up Abany, NY During The Late 90's And Early 2000s

The thrill of Hoffmans Playland!

39

1. Going to the Latham Circle Mall and eating at the Old Country Buffet

Even though this was during the fall of Latham Circle Mall, This was a prime memory of mine growing up during the late 90s early 2000s and not only was it such a great memory, but OCB had the best food!

2. Going to Chuck E. Cheese

This one is for all early 2000's folks in general. Going to Chuck E. Cheese when they still had tokens and tickets. It's so sad that today's kids will never know what it was like to use the tokens for games and then cash in tickets for a big Chuck E. Stuffy or cotton candy (my personal favorite prizes).

3. The Miss Albany Diner

For anyone who has been living in Albany for a long time definitely will remember the Miss Albany Diner. Their Breakfast menu was goals, honestly! I can smell their pancakes as we speak.

4. Discovery Zone - AKA "DZ"

This was ball pit heaven. For all the kids growing up today, they will never know that great feeling of jumping into the ball pit at DZ.

5. Jeepers at Crossgate Commons

This place blew all of our little minds. They were like the step up from Chuck E.Cheese because they had an indoor roller coaster and bumper cars. It was just a great feeling to hear from your mom and dad on Saturday morning that they were going to bring you and your siblings to Jeepers.

6. Hoffman's Playland

This is probably my favorite one on this list! Hoffmans was for everyone! I would love to ride the caterpillar with my dad and then get on the rocket ships with my sister and every time it spun down we could see our dad smiling at us having fun and it was the greatest feeling. Of course, we couldn't forget the scrambler, too!

7. Going to Libby Lu's in Crossgates Mall

Walking into this place was like walking into a unicorn puking all over the place. Pink literally everywhere and sparkles galore. Also the scent of super girly body soap. Such a great concept, though, overall! You could get a makeover and then your beautician would teach you a dance to a trendy song at the time! Unfortunately, they did close in 2009, but it was fun while it lasted!

8. Secrets nightclub at Guptils in Clifton Park

If you were allowed to go to Secrets on Friday nights, then you were considered "all that and a bag of chips." Thinking back, it was just a stage with lights but to us back then, it was the greatest thing since sliced bread!