On Saturday afternoon, Alabama blew out Arkansas State 57-7 in the first home game of the season. To celebrate the beginning of the road to 18 national championships, here are a few things that I think are more difficult for Alabama than beating Arkansas State.
1. Parking on campus
Always expect at least a 5-10 minute walk from your car to wherever you want to go.
2. Walking from North Lawn to Reese Phifer in 10 minutes
A superhuman yet everyday task.
3. Getting a seat at Buffalo Phil's at 6 p.m. on a Friday
Finding a table is a Hunger Games-like situation; every man for himself.
4. Finding your friends after already entering the football game without them
Just a bad idea from the beginning.
5. Resisting the urge to run through the Ferg fountain on a 90 degree day
Even walking past the fountain is a little cooler… it would just feel so good.
6. Driving above 10 mph on University Blvd. during a class exchange time
It looks like the exodus from Egypt in those 10 minutes.
7. Getting your own study pod in Gorgas Library
I can't say I've never hovered around someone who looked like they were about to finish up their studying.
8. Catching a Crimson Ride bus when you actually need it
Just missed the bus? Don't worry! The next one is only 25 minutes away.
9. Sleeping through the infamous train (if you live nearby)
It literally feels like the Earth is shaking from its core when the train passes through.
Let the road to 18 commence!