'Agent Carter' Recap On The Season 2 Finale

A not-so-brief recap of the season two finale of "Agent Carter."

15

As much as I hate to see the season end, I was incredibly satisfied by the finale in so many ways. Although, as of yet, I haven't seen an episode of "Agent Carter" that I didn't like. The rest of this article will be full of spoilers for the finale, so you've been warned.

We last left off where Jack Thompson was about to blow up a building. Whitney Frost, Vernon Masters and Jason Wilkes were inside. Peggy pulled a gun on him, however, and seemed ready to shoot him. Before we could find out whether she really would, there was a shock-wave like from an explosion that came from the building. Sousa, Thompson and Peggy rush inside to find out what happened.

Wilkes, who had been infected with the Zero-Matter, was the cause of the of the shock-wave. His body had expelled the Zero-Matter. This was good, of course, but it caused a complication. Whitney Frost was still in the room under a pile of rubble. The Zero-Matter inside of her attracted what had been expelled from Wilkes.

They get Wilkes and rush out of the building as fast as they can go. Whitney is in hot pursuit, though. And behold! A car appears out of nowhere and hits Whitney. Jarvis and Howard stick their heads out of the windows. Dr. Samberly pulls up in a second car behind them. Everyone gets in the cars and manages to get away before Whitney regains consciousness.

They get back to S.S.R. headquarters and start formulating a plan to get rid of the Zero-Matter. While they're there, Jack goes and gets the file on Peggy Carter from the briefcase of the late Vernon Masters. Meanwhile, everyone else has figured out how to open a rift to the dimension where the Zero-Matter resides and they think they can contain it with X-ray waves. They decide that the best idea is to shoot Whitney with the Gamma canon to remove the Zero-Matter from her. If they do this in front of the rift, they think that the rift will suck in the Zero-Matter as it escapes from Whitney. Then they'll close the rift and their problems will be over. However, as they're setting this up, Wilkes gives an ominous warning. There's a certain distance that they have to stay outside of while the rift is closing, otherwise, anything inside that radius will be sucked into the rift.

So on that foreboding note, they open the rift. The X-ray waves are keeping it contained. Whitney shows up and they fire the Gamma cannon at her. The Zero-Matter is sucked into the rift. Everything seems to be under control. Which of course is exactly when things go wrong.

When they try to close the rift, the equipment doesn't respond. And worse, they have to close the rift as soon as possible, as it's becoming unstable. There's a manual override, but it's inside the radius. Whoever used it to shut off the rift would be sucked inside. They're trying to discuss a solution and it's taking up valuable time. In the meantime, Sousa had used a water-hose to tie himself to a lamppost and was making his way toward the manual override. He's trying to switch it off while Dr. attempts are being made to fix the regular equipment.

The rift finally starts to close and Sousa is being sucked towards it. The hose he tied to the lamppost seems to be holding, though. However, after a few moments, it starts to slip. But no one notices until it finally gives way. Peggy manages to grab it, though, before he's sucked into the rift. Everyone else grabbed onto Peggy and they're able to hold him until the rift finally closes.

And we're hoping that just this once that this will be the case.

Everyone is safe, well, and most of them are at Howard's mansion. We find out Wilkes has been given a job by Howard and is leaving for Peru. Also, we see Ana Jarvis come home. Honestly, that woman is a treasure. Peggy seems intent to go back to New York and has called a cab to pick her up. Jarvis seems genuinely hurt by this and Ana talks Peggy into letting Jarvis drive her into town. Jarvis immediately perks up in the most adorable way possible and gets Peggy's bags.

Jarvis takes Peggy to the S.S.R. office, as she had a few things to wrap up there before going to the airport. Before she goes in, he tries to talk her into staying. She lists a few reasons why she should go back to New York. Jarvis persists, however. "Perhaps all you need is one very good reason to stay," he says.

Next we see Peggy inside the office. Sousa's in his office finishing the paperwork for the case when Peggy comes in. They begin to talk and he tells her how reckless her actions were when she saved him from being sucked into the rift. And next thing we know ...

Finally.

Next we see Jack Thompson in his hotel room, packing up. He's talking on the phone to someone and mentions that it looks like he'll be heading back to New York alone. He's interrupted by a knock at the door and quickly wraps up his conversation on the phone to see who's outside.

When he opens the door, we see his confused face for a few seconds before it focuses on the barrel of a gun with a silencer on it. The gun is fired and Thompson falls to the ground, shot in the chest. The shooter, who's face we don't get to see, steps over Thompson's still form and crosses the room. He takes the file with Peggy's name on it and leaves.

And the last shot we see is Thompson laying on the hotel room floor, bleeding out.

We don't know if he's dead or not, or if anyone will find him in time.

Actually, no, I really need this resolved. I cannot deal with this level of suspense for an entire year. I guess this is what I get for thinking we were going to get a stress free season finale. Stupid.

Season three had better fix this. We need Jack. He can't die on us now!

But to end on a better note, Peggy and Sousa kissed.

Thus ends my recap. Or my apology to Cartson shippers everywhere.

That is all.