What Age Is The Accurate One To Get A Tattoo?

Tattoos are More Than Just a Trend.

21
Google

We live in a society in which we are constantly being judged by the way we look or the way we dress. In other words, it is safe to say that we live in a society that is predominantly visual. Tattoos have recently become a trend within the younger generations, and while many people argue that sporting a tattoo takes away from the person’s intellectual ability as it sends a colloquial and savage image, others disagree by stating that tattoos are simply a form of art that serves to express emotions, ideas, and feelings. The truth is, that no matter what your position is in regards to this topic, we all have once come across with someone who have tattoos. I personally like tattoos, and find them to be a statement of liberation. Like many young girls, getting my first tattoo was actually a hard negotiation between my parents and me. I come from a very strict and religious family, and having ink on my body was considered unacceptable. The only factor that played in my favor was that being the youngest child can have its perks. My older brother got his tattoo when he was eighteen, so the rule had been broken before, and all I had to do was follow in his footsteps. Although there were other elements in the case, that up to that point I had not yet taken into consideration, one was the fact that my brother was no longer living with my parents.

I ended up getting my tattoo without my father’s permission, although my mom was in fact my accomplice. Well, to say that I got the tattoo without my father’s approval is accurate, I must say he was actually aware of the fact that I was going to get one, it was just a matter of when. That takes me to my other point, I personally feel that tattoos are no longer a subject of bias and prejudices in the workplace. Actually we are now able to see doctors, nurses, professors, teachers and other professionals showing off their tattoos. The attention has now shifted to the question of “what age is the accurate one to get a tattoo?”

I feel that every person should have the choice to do what they wish with their bodies, but when it comes to a permanent decision like a tattoo, one must be completely sure. Tattoos are not something we must take lightly. Like I stated before, I find them appealing and artistic, but I know they are permanent. It horrifies me to see teenagers having long sleeve tattoos, as their mindsets are constantly changing. A tattoo must be acquired when a person has reached a certain level of maturity that allows him to see the possible effect that having a tattoo may bring. Tattoos are beautiful, and in my case, theyhave a sentimental meaning, but it still is a permanent mark that will be on my body for the rest of my life.

So before getting a tattoo, may I recommend that you think about how would you feel about it 20 years down the line?