The Reality Of College After Spring Break

It ain't all beaches and suntans anymore, folks.

9
MoveHub

What a tease you are, spring break. I loved relaxing, but I didn't even look in my backpack once. I didn't check my e-mail. Who knows what's going to hit me once classes are back in session? But summer is almost here, and only a few weeks of struggling remain. However, the first week back always takes some adjustments, like these:

1. Driving back into town... at the exact same time as everyone else.

"STAY ON YO' SIDE." Hands on 10 and 2 and eyes straight ahead, you've got to get that parking spot first.

2. The first meal back after a week of homemade meals.

Oh, yum. It looks like edible plastic.

3. Thinking about your responsibilities during the week vs. on Sunday night before classes start again.

Nothing like working under pressure, right? Only three papers, two tests, and mandatory attendance to look forward to!

4. That one professor that is way too enthusiastic to get back to class.

If you're going to be that cheery, you might as well have some sympathy for us and cancel the test you have scheduled for next Monday.

5. Realizing there is only 30-something days of school left and you still have no idea what is going on in class.

I'm Googling "How to make myself have a photographic memory" and trying not to panic.

6. Trying to get back into your sleep schedule after a week of sleeping in.

Staying awake during an early-morning class is not an easy task. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

7. Printing out motivational pictures to get you through the semester.

Me: Prints out motivational pictures.

Also me: Stares at motivational pictures while on my third hour of Netflix, covered in Cheez-Its.

8. Receiving all of those e-mails reminding you it's almost time to enroll in classes for next year.

Nope, no, negative, sorry. I still don't know what I want to do with my life.

9. Accepting that your bill statement will soon go back to this.

Pizza is a necessity, sorry bank account.

10. When your roommates ask how your Monday went.

Monday is a 1-2. You have to save that 10 for what really hurts...like finals week.

11. Smiling through the last weeks until it's finally summer.

Has anyone started a countdown calendar yet? Anyone?