The Difference Between Rested And Renewed

After A Not-So-Restful Break
932

Welp, the deadline for this article came and went. Being the Editor in Chief for my school's Odyssey community means the only person I had to answer to was my CS... and she has several communities to tend to so there was no real worry there.

Anyway, enough about my inability to follow a schedule. Have you ever noticed how spring break is supposed to be restful? I have never once had a spring break that I felt rested after. Instead, I have felt completely free from the stress of homework. The "Sunday Scaries" hit me like a tone of bricks at 9 pm on Easter. I realized that life was going to go back to normal. I was not going to be focused on just my senior project, but several items all at once. No more free time to go explore Portland or traipse through tulip fields.

Even as I sit here typing on my living room couch I am trying to muster up the courage to face class. Not that I'm necessarily afraid of going to class, but I just can't seem to get out of the spring break headspace. No need to post a "Take me back" 'gram when my brain is still there. There are only 32 days between me and commencement. It is wonderfully overwhelming. There are many many things I have to get done between now and then, but I have this strange peace about it.

This peace might just be from apathy, but I would like to think it is because I have done everything I could to get to this point. College has been the origin of some of the most amazing experiences I've had in life. All that I want is to live in each moment of the next 32 days. This means that I won't be stressing about every little assignment, but be focused on getting what I can, done.

So maybe I am not the most rested after this past break, but I am renewed. I am ready to go out and finish the school year strong. Not just academically, but in day-to-day life. That I will bring the peace that has been gifted to me and share it with those around me.