Office affairs: why cheating with a co-worker is so tempting?

Are you tempted to have an affair with the guy who works in the cubicle next to you? You’re not alone.

4461
https://odysseyimages.s3.amazonaws.com/cropped_SJE8wXjLz.jpeg

It’s happened to most people at one time or another. They stay back at the office late to finish some tedious task their boss has set them, only to find themselves bonding with a co-worker who they suddenly begin to see in a whole new light. The guy who once reminded them of Jonah Hill starts to look increasingly like Ryan Gosling. Research reveals that women are more likely to cheat on their partners with co-workers, succumbing to temptation over the heat of the photocopier! Here’s why cheating with someone at work is so damn tempting…

Your hot co-worker really “gets you”

The reason that so many women cheat with co-workers is really quite simple. That guy who works at the desk next to you suddenly “gets you” and understands your life in a way that your partner can’t. For this reason, it’s very easy to begin feeling closer to them, and this sense of closeness can quickly lead to something more. It usually begins by talking to a co-worker about work issues, but this can progress to other topics of conversation, to the point where he knows the intricate details of your life. He becomes a confidante, and because there’s no distractions present, such as crying children or housework to take care of, he will listen to you, serving as a shoulder to cry on when the stresses of life get too much. It’s easy to see how this can quickly lead to an affair in the workplace.

Your relationship with your partner is in trouble  

One reason why women are tempted to have affairs with people at work is that they’re facing problems in their relationship with their partner. It may be at they or both won’t argue, which means they avoid issues rather than work to fix them together. This lack of communication can lead to a sense of distance, resulting in loneliness and the desire to find closeness elsewhere in their lives. Sometimes, people in this situation are careless in hiding their affair because they subconsciously want to be found out. They do this so that they and their partner are forced to look more closely at their relationship to see where it can be improved.  

Are you having an emotional affair?  

You may be surprised to know that cheating doesn’t have to be physical. In fact, the most common form of affair is the emotional affair. This happens when someone crosses the line in a friendship and they begin to experience romantic feelings. If you have started to feel something more for a co-worker, you could be having an affair even if you haven’t been physical with them. When you think about affairs, you no doubt conjure up images of people meeting up in hotel rooms to have secret sex, but sex isn’t always involved. It could be that you are cheating on your partner even if you’ve never touched the person you’re having feelings for.  

If your feelings for a co-worker have grown, and you’re considering turning your friendship into something more, you may be looking for indicators that he likes you in the same way. If so, check out this article. It will help you to find out if your romantic feelings for him are reciprocated! If they are, you will need to make the difficult decision whether to act on desires.