Comparing Yourself

Comparing Yourself

Comparing yourself happens. Here is my advice.

7
Comparing Yourself
Green Chicago

Lately, you have probably been feeling like a complete failure.Your friends are all doing something amazing with their lives. They know what they want to do, and who they want to become. And you are definitely proud of them, but then when you leave, or they leave, you begin to think. You begin to start thinking. Overthinking maybe? It is hurting. You feel like you are wasting your entire life. And you may not be graduating on time, or even not even in college yet. It is scary. It really is.

And that is when it hits you. You probably do not know who or what you are. You feel lost and no one can help you. Because everyone tells you the same advice of just go with what's right. And you can not stand it anymore. A piece of you is falling apart over this. Actually, all of you is. Then you look at your friends who tell you about their amazing lives, and their goals and dreams and everything. And you. You are proud of them. But it hurt.

Listen to me. I know it hurts. I know you feel lost and scared. And you just want to curl up into a ball and cry. Trust me, I know that feeling all too well. But listen to me. Do not curl up in a ball. Do not cry. I know you want to, but do not do it.

This is why. Everyone is different. I know you probably heard this a million times. We all develop at our own rates. I do not even know what I am doing with me life. (Trust me, my parents disprove of me not having a plan. I can see it in their eyes even when they say it is okay). But guess what, I am not my parents. I am Ashtyn. And I am sorry, people may inspire you, but they can not control your future.Nor can anyone tell you what you are. Just like nobody could ever tell you how to feel. Moving on back to you dear Reader. You may love somethings for your whole life, then one day it just stops. And everything you know is different. And you know you like this change, but it destorys you. It makes you more scared than what you were. It's okay.

Listen to me.Please.

We are going to figure it out.

It may not be at the same time, but, we will figure it out. It may not be everything at once, but it will be progress. Just do what interests you. And if that changes, go for that. There is so many different possibilities, and you are going to be a part of it. Is that not amazing?

Just love yourself.

And go out there, and have fun.

Forget about your friends and their lives. Do stuff for you. Yes love your friends obviously, but do not compare yourself to them. You are you.

And also, I believe in you.