7 Tips From The Sophomore In College To The Sophomore In High School

Sometimes you just need to stop and smell the roses.

119
Flickr

During the last two years of high school and first two years of college, life is going to be a rollercoaster. Friends become strangers; strangers become your friends. It’s the ending of one chapter and the start of another. It’s pushing yourself to the limit. These are going to be some pretty eventful years, so buckle up.

1. Don’t stress.

Don’t stress (too much) about that test or that quiz or what time you have to be at your job or practice after school. It will all seem like a MUCH simpler time in a few years, so take it easy.

2. Be kind to your parents.

There are going to be times where it feels like your parents are out to get you, but I promise they only want the best for you. You won't be living with them in college, and it can be tough to be away from them for a while, so tell them you love them every chance you get.

3. Learn when to ask for help.

It's OK to not be OK. Make that your mantra because things are going to get hard with life, relationships and school. Don’t wait until you are at your lowest point to reach out when you need it.

4. Do not succumb to the party life.

Yes, of course, you are going to want to party as much as you can within these four years, but keep your priorities at the forefront at all times. Partying too much can affect your health and your grades, but take the opportunity to have fun when you can.

5. On that note, keep your eyes on your drink.

College is fun, but sexual assault is real, and it does happen.

6. Keep your circle small.

You think you will stay in contact with almost all your friends from high school while you all are at college, and while this may be true for some, most of the time the contact will fade away and the people you once knew will seem so distant. Yet, you will make lifelong friends in college.

7. Enjoy every minute.

Soak in the moments, good or bad, because these are the stories you will be telling your kids someday.

They may seem so minuscule to you at the moment, but I promise you will never forget those last days in high school or your first day of college.

Make it memorable.