10 Tips For The Perfect Wildwood Boardwalk Experience

It's time to spend our weekends at our favorite place, the Jersey Shore! Beach by day, boardwalk by night.​

246
Youtube

It's summertime! You know what that means for everyone living in South Jersey. It's time to spend our weekends at our favorite place, the Jersey Shore! Beach by day, boardwalk by night. Here are 10 tips for the perfect boardwalk experience.

1. Motion Means Nothing

Beware of the tram cars! What used to be the boardwalk's most convenient mode of transportation has become a place for teenage boys to hop on and collect snapchats like Easter eggs at an egg hunt. Don’t you dare leave a seat open, because a guy will see it as an opportunity to hop on while the train’s in full speed. Trust me, my girls and I know from experience. We’ve been there.

2. Watch The Tramcar Please!

Ruthless and speedy, these yellow monsters slow down for no one! Not even for little girls like me racing across the boards for a delicious chocolate fudge sample. The 10th one of the night, of course.

3. Boardwalk Bargains

Here’s a tip for you. The 10 dollar shirts are not only 10 dollars. The sweatshirts are 10 dollars plain, but most people want to add a design on, and that’s an additional charge. Buying the design makes it at least twenty dollars! The whole “10 dollar shirt” idea is just a ploy to get you in the store.

4. Salty Scammers

Never take a "free throw" or "free toss," even if a Macbook Pro is "guaranteed," if you simply pay five dollars for three tosses. Trust me on this one, you could pay for 100 dollars worth of throws and that ball would never reach the surface of that baskets bottom.

5. Too Good To Be True?

Yes, yes, yes. Get that one dollar pizza! Maybe its sketchy. Maybe it’s strange. I mean, we as humans often question things that seem so good they can’t possibly be true. But one dollar pizza is one of those rare things in life that actually prove not to be "too good to be true." In actuality, it might even be better than Sam’s! But, maybe that’s just the bargain speaking for my taste buds. In other words, point blank, all I’m saying is, girl, grab yourself some of that deliciously cheap pizza.

6. Fudge For The Soul

Life is short. Stop for every single fudge sample that you see. Lying on your death bed, do you want to have regrets? Like, “oh, I never asked Tina to homecoming,” Or “oh, dear me, I avoided that fudge sample for the fear of being judged for it." You know how some people are. You take 20 fudge samples (grabbing one on your way up and down the boardwalk both) and they act like you’re a criminal. Hello, they want you to eat it! Why else would they be giving away samples? Fudge cures all wounds. Go for it, you only live once! Maybe this is just me, but I refuse to give up any fudge-involving opportunities.

7. Sharks On The Boardwalk?

YES, the Boardwalk Aquarium is worth the money! You can pet a slithery snake and even come face to face with an anteater! You’ll even meet alligators! Another exciting attraction in the aquarium is petting small sharks and stingrays! The aquarium may be miniature, but its possibilities are endless and exciting. Worth the 10 dollar ticket in? I think yes.

8. People From All Over Come Here!

This isn’t so much a tip, but more of a disclaimer. You are going to meet some pretty awesome people! Very diverse people, from many different and unique countries and areas of the world! At the fudge shop, on the Morey’s pier, and even in sweatshirt/clothing stores. While shopping for a Wildwood sweatshirt, I made the acquaintance of a very kind woman all the way from Jamaica, here just for a summer job! I also met a hilarious and extremely kind-hearted and friendly teenager all the way from Finland working at the same exact store, in which I also happened to purchase an adorable baby pink Wildwood sweatshirt from! Don’t be afraid to ask employees where they’re from or about themselves, because a lot of them have some pretty awesome stories, coming across the world just for a Summer job!

9. Beach Balls = Buddies

Funny enough, the beach balls are the place to be. You’re going to meet a lot of people here! This is the hot spot for my friends and I. A place that we always end up meeting new people and taking the cutest photos for Instagram.

10. Saying Goodbye Is The Worst Part

Last but not least, my final advice for your picturesque Wildwood Boardwalk adventure is to not get too attached. Believe it or not, you’re going to meet some pretty cool people. People you may end up watching the sunrise with, or even inviting back to your balcony to play a game of cards. However, at the end of the day, people from all over the world come to Wildwood. You have to make the most of whatever time you have with the people, beach, and boardwalk that you love. Summer comes and goes as quickly as it came.