50 Pieces of Advice For My Future Daughter

Life is bound to throw you so many unexpected curve balls, pain, decisions, surprises and so much more. It is extremely hard to always know what to do when and it is easy to get lost, confused and frustrated. You will get hurt, but you will also feel extreme happiness. You can have everything figured out and the next day you know nothing again. You can be a pro at one thing and not know how to handle something else. That is life and it is a battle that can get very tiring very fast.

Luckily I have some experience with life's tricks and there are some things I have mastered, there are some I am still learning to accept and then there are some things I wish I had known sooner.

With that being said, these are the pieces of advice that I need you to know and that I know will help you get through all that life can throw at you. Remember these 50 things as you grow and spread your knowledge to others:

Girls can be unnecessarily mean. 

Find a group of guy friends. 

There will come a day when your siblings become your friends.

Learn to love your natural hair.

Your friendships will dwindle over the years, but they will become stronger.

A friend should NEVER make you feel like you are at your lowest and question your worth, that is not a friend.

Sit up straight. Shoulders back. Good posture. 

Don't give your all to someone when they don't do the same for you.

Remember that you never know someone's entire story, so be kind to them.

If someone hurts you, forgive but don't forget.

Self love, honey, self love.

Establish yourself as a person prior to relationships. Know your beliefs and what and who you want in a partner. Don't change that for a guy, or a girl, or whoever you choose to love.

Save your money.

There are soooo many places to buy cheap clothes, take advantage of them. 

Have an emergency $20 in your car at all times.

Learn to do things on your own, be self sufficient. 

Don't be opposed to trying different foods!

If you are given the opportunity to travel, do it.

Try different sports.

Let go of what other people think of you.

When you are in the wrong, apologize.

Look people in the eye and say what's on your mind. Your unspoken thoughts will haunt you.

Don't believe everything you hear or think.

Allow yourself to feel what you feel. 

There is absolutely no shame in taking a mental health day.

Your body is an incredible thing, learn to love and appreciate it. 

Make your bed.

Learn how and when to say "no".

Practice being a good listener.

You do not need a man, or anyone, to validate your worth.

If you ever, even for a second, think you deserve better in any situation, then you do. Trust your gut.

Sit with old people and have them tell you their stories.

Listen to children, they can teach you a lot. 

Move away from your hometown, at least once, you can always go back.

Never let small romantic gestures die. 

If you like someone, tell them!

A small compliment can change someone's whole day. 

It is okay to ask for help, you don't need to do everything alone. 

Be the person that others know they can count on, but be able to recognize if they are taking advantage of that. 

Send handwritten letters sometimes, it stands out. 

Don't go to sleep angry. Ever. 

Recognize when it is time to walk away. 

Don't burn bridges.

Let yourself be broken for a bit.

It's okay to cry.

Try your best not to complain.

You don't need to have it all planned out.

Call your parents. And grandparents.

Accept compliments.

Try not to take anything seriously. No one thinks about you as much as you do.