The Advantages Of Traveling For The Holidays

Try something new

50
bloglet.com

For the past five years, I have been traveling for the holidays. I usually end up in Naples, Florida enjoying a nice getaway before returning to the cold in New Jersey. Being in a tropical place for the holiday season is exponentially more enjoyable than sitting at home for a few reasons.

1. You can experience different celebrations.

Everybody celebrates in different ways, and seeing these in action is definitely interesting. In Florida where I stay, they have lights that wind up around almost every tree and giant decorations that are all around you in the downtown area. Then on New Years, you get to watch the fireworks over the ocean on the beach, which is amazing. Getting to experience these holiday traditions that I wouldn't see in New Jersey is absolutely worth the travel.

2. You escape the frigid weather.

I'm a big fan of the winter. I love the snow and the overall feeling that winter brings. But I will admit that there is no better feeling than swimming in 85 degree weather and knowing that it is 20 degrees back at home. Even for those of us that like the winter, sometimes it's really nice to have an escape.

3. You spend time with friends and family.

Yes, I know, the holidays are all about bringing friends and family together, but there is truly no better experience than traveling with those people you couldn't live without. You create these memories that will bring you closer together and ultimately just be really fun for everyone.

4. You can go on an adventure.

It's always fun to try new things and experience different ways of life. As long as you are going away for the holidays, you might as well go on adventures. Explore the area, go on a hike, or go ziplining through a forest. Whatever you choose to do on vacation, make the most out of where you are.

5. You get a change of atmosphere.

Although I love spending the holiday season at home, I think going away for the holidays is refreshing. You get to make new traditions and celebrate in a new way. Seeing new buildings and being in a new environment is rejuvenating, in a way. These holidays that you spend in a new place will be the most memorable.

6. You forget about all the stress that awaits you next semester.

After the first semester was over and break came, I was definitely relieved. But there are still those moments where the fear and dread of next semester creeps up on me. Being away somewhat alleviates that weight on my shoulders and helps me relax. After all, that's what being on break is all about.