To The Adults Still Trying To Get Their Lives Together

We'll all get there eventually.

81

Someone, please tell me I am not alone.

22 years old, 4 years of college and still no degree, living at home.

So while all your friends and family are getting their degrees, all you can think is "Will that ever be me?" You slowly start to lose hope and question everything.

While all your friends seem to be getting their shit together, all you wonder is "When will that be me?"

But listen, I know there is still some hope in there, so don't lose it quite yet.

I have learned as long as you are working hard on your goal, as long as you are working towards it, you're doing a great job.

Think about it this way. Would you regret it if you caved and gave up, or think about where you might be if you didn't give up? You still have plenty of time to change your mind over and over, just don't give up.

No one said this whole adulting thing would be easy, but did they ever really prepare us for it?

We come into being an adult and we are expected to figure out thousands of things, not really knowing how it is going to affect us. It's a bunch of going left after taking a right. It's going to 2 or more colleges just trying to figure out where you fit in or changing your major a handful of times just because you thought you liked something.

It's living at home because you are still trying to figure out this big world while working and/or attending school. Then it's learning who is really your support system.

So we learn this world is a mess and unfortunately, we are not handed a learning manual.

There will come times where you question everything, thinking everything you are doing is a mess, but our lives are not perfect so yeah, we know we are a mess.

To to the messes like me. Keep working hard- it will all come together, even if it isn't in the timing you want it to.

Don't lose hope, just keep bettering yourself and learning, because what else can you really do?

Sincerely,

An Adult Slowly Figuring Things Out