Add This Song to Your Playlist

Add This Song to Your Playlist

Music is good for the soul.

8
Add This Song to Your Playlist
Google

My current favorite song right now is Aya’s - "You’re Not The Only One", and I think you should go make it your favorite too.

"Mom, I think I am in love". You know that feeling you get when you’ve found that one song that you can play on repeat all day long? Whether it’s a sad, melancholy song or an upbeat song that makes you want to dance? I like music that I can feel in my bones and character. Music that tells a story in creative and beautiful ways. The balance between story and instrumentals is one that Aya has mastered. The bond they share is like milk and honey. So warm, so pleasant. Right now, a song that I play that helps me get out of bed every morning is Aya’s-You’re Not The Only One. When her voice sings over those wonderful instruments, peace sweeps over me. I’ve never witnessed a voice so comforting. Her words are understanding in the most poetic ways possible. The lyrics that I connect with most are:

Sunlight, still shines everyday

Is it any wonder why

All the people say

You gotta get back to the light

When you face the world alone

It's an uphill fight

You gotta get back to the light

‘Cause you're not the only one

With a dream tonight

Uptight and withered away

And most everyone you know

Has nothing to give

Inside that dark empty space

And you're wishing you were gone

But you still remain

The Sun is one of the most powerful elements that nature has to offer us. It provides us with energy, warmth, happiness, light and many other beautiful things our bodies strive on. In those rough, dark, and empty times the sunlight will always find us. The sun will shine no matter what we are going through. It may not shine right when we want it to but after all, the Sun does rise every morning. The Sun serves as a symbol of the journey to happiness. Things will be alright after all. But, it is up to us to find the light and accept the cycle of recurring day and night. When you feel like no one is there when you need that helping hand, and you’re wishing that you would disappear, try searching for the light. Find the good in the small things. That flower you seen today on your way to work or class. Stop and take some time to admire it.

When I am feeling down oftentimes music is what puts me in a better mood. Music is thought to be a form of therapy. Face it, music makes life better to handle in those times of stress. Our body responds to music in many different ways. It influences our emotions and our memory senses while intensifying our other five senses. According to Karen Merzenich, We have physiologic responses to music. Every time your breathing quickens, your heart-rate increases, or you feel a shiver down your spine, that’s your body responding physiologically to music. Qualified music therapists can use this to help stimulate a person in a coma or use music to effectively help someone relax. The next time you're feeling nervous or feel anxious play your favorite song and allow yourself to enter that state of relaxation

Music is a powerful tool that can help us out in the darkest of times. Music is a form of therapy, encouragement, and empowerment. It can keep you calm in those time of fear and unease. Music may be one of the most important tools that ties the world together as a single community. Let us hold on to this commonality. Music is the language that unifies us all. Every culture has ties to music. Whether it is through spirituality, forms of expression, entertainment, religion and many more.

Don’t give up, believe in another day.