10 Signs You're Actually a Nerd

10 Signs You're Actually a Nerd

Ten things that set you apart from the wannabes

5011
10 Signs You're Actually a Nerd

"Nerd."
A word with such humble beginning - just another nonsensical phrase in a Dr. Seuss book - that has come to mean so much to the world. In recent years, "nerd" has become, some might say, highly over used to describe essentially anyone who wears glasses, likes video games, or knows anything substantial about anything academic.
To settle the dispute caused by the abuse of this word, I have compiled I list of things that, more likely than not, can confirm that someone is, in fact, a nerd.

1. There's a special kind of joy that fills your heart when you make your professor laugh.

2. You have at least one group of friends with whom you mainly discuss academic, philosophical, and intelligently sarcastic topics.

3. You use the word "whom" correctly.

4. You procrastinate on you homework by doing homework for a subject you like more.

5. Cards Against Humanity is your "wild" Friday night shenanigan of choice.

6. You often find yourself awkwardly laughing alone when your teacher makes a joke.

Side note: My Jazz & Blues professor was teaching us about a clockwise circle dance often performed at American religious revivals and mumbled "I have to wonder if, in Australia, the dance is performed counter-clockwise" and I burst into laughter entirely unaccompanied by my classmates and slowly melted in shame.

7. You can't help but be excited when someone needs your help on homework. Sure, there's a certain feeling of "ugh, I am trying to watch Netflix and you are interrupting my precious hour of free time," but, mostly, you're just flattered they chose you.

8. You are in a better mood when you're busy.

9. You have a few exposés among your favorite books (Fast Food Nation) and documentaries among your favorite movies (13th - watch it!!!).

10. At least five of the previous signs listed describe you.