11 Actors Who Should've Been Ted Bundy

11 Actors They Should've Picked To Play Ted Bundy Instead Of Zac Efron

"I'm more popular than Disney World!"-Zac Efron as Ted Bundy

13131

If you're an avid Netflix-watcher you've most likely binge-watched the most recent murder documentary on Netflix, "Conversations With A Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes." Since most of my peers including myself weren't alive during the killings of Ted Bundy, this Netflix documentary series has captured our attention. After finishing the series I was informed that there would be a movie coming out and that Zac Efron would be playing Ted Bundy. Immediately I laughed because Troy Bolton would be playing a serial killer. Right. This must be a joke. After a quick Google search, I found out this was most certainly not a joke. The internet had quite a lot to say about the casting choice as well. So here are 11 other handsome, yet slightly creepy actors that they should've cast as Ted Bundy.

Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling is not only devilishly handsome but he has proven his ability to take on a diverse set of roles. Going from a light-hearted musical like "La La Land" to his most recent sci-fi drama "First Man," Gosling is an actor that knows how to put on a good act. He can be the guy you wanna take home to your parents or the brave and serious man you've been dreaming about. Give him a script and watch him work his magic.

Tom Hiddleston

Hiddleston might be from across the pond but he has sure made his mark here over in the States. He's more than proven his acting skills by playing Loki in the Marvel installments. Hiddleston as Loki was impactful and strong and proved to audiences that he isn't afraid to play the bad guy. That's exactly the type of person they needed to play Bundy.

Hugh Jackman

Who doesn't love Hugh Jackman? Actually, don't answer that. I have a point I'm trying to make here. From impressing us with his amazing vocals in Les Misérables to showing us his strength as not only an actor but physically too (I mean..have you see those arms?!) Jackman shows us a serious side of acting that can help tell a story in a respectful and moving way.

Leonardo DiCaprio

Since Ted Bundy was a charming college student that no one suspected, Leo was one of the first actors that came to mind. He began acting at a young age and made an impression on audiences everywhere with "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" in 1993. Since then he has played a numerous amount of unconventional roles that eventually got him an Oscar in 2015 for the film "The Revenant." Compared to Efron, DiCaprio would've knocked the ball out of the park as Bundy and done it with style.

Robert Pattinson

Robert Pattinson has been a little bit off the radar recently, but is that not typical Bundy behavior? Robert Pattinson might have been a teen heartthrob at one point during the peak of the "Twilight" saga, he oozes charm and just the right amount of mystery to keep audiences on the edge of their seat. Two critical characteristics that I just don't think Efron possesses.

Brad Pitt

~Swoon~ oh Brad, I am not sure that we are worthy of watching you pretend to be a serial killer for two hours. However, he still would have been a stronger actor than Zac Efron who is used to strutting around shirtless and wooing girls. With titles under his belt like "Troy," "World War Z," and "Moneyball" Pitt is more than qualified to play the role of this infamous killer. However, I just don't know if Ted Bundy deserves a man like Brad Pitt to portray him.

Chase Crawford

If you're a Gossip Girl fan you know who this is. Chase Crawford is a major heartbreaker that has had his fair share of screen time between TV shows like "Gossip Girl," and "Blood & Oil," to movies like "The Haunting of Molly Hartley." He might look like your favorite boy-next-door but add a little scruff and you've got the making of a murderer (see what I did there) *wink*

David Tennant

David Tennant was most recently in the new historical drama "Mary Queen of Scots" that came out in 2018, but he is more commonly known for his role as the Tenth Doctor in the BBC television series "Doctor Who." He is originally from Scottland but has also made a name for himself in various American movies such as, "How To Train Your Dragon" and "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire." Tennant is without a doubt a perfect candidate for replacing Mr. Efron.

Jake Gyllenhaal

Jack Gyllenhaal has starred his fair share at edgy movies. With his iconic role in "Donnie Darko" to his epic role in "Nightcrawler," Gyllenhaal has the ability to grasp audience's attention like no other. With his serious and mesmerizing demeanor, I think Jack would be able to play Ted in a way Zac Efron just can't compare to.

Alex Pettyfer

You might remember his face from Magic Mike (or maybe everything but his face *wink*). Alex Pettyfer took a shot at directing and starring in his own movie "Back Roads" that premiered in 2018. Perryfer takes on a much more serious role that proves to audiences he isn't just a hunk of meat, but that he can actually act. That's something I think that Zac Efron still struggles to balance in his career.

Jamie Dornan

Last, but most certainly not lest is Mr. Grey himself. I mean..Jamie Dornan. Although he might be known for his star role in the "50 Shades of Grey" series, Dornan has already proven himself as a ~killer~ actor in a psychological thriller series called "The Fall." The series premiered in 2013 on BBC Two and went on to run three seasons full of edge-of-your-seat footage. Don't be fooled by his blue eyes, Dornan is the living proof that "looks can kill."