I used to break out all the time and be super self-conscience about it before I talked to my dermatologist about how to manage it. Because, for some, acne won't go away with all-natural minimalistic products.
Here are some tips I've learned, steps I've taken, and the products (all on Amazon) I use that have changed my skincare game completely. It may seem like a lot, but the results are worth the hassle - especially for those of us who actually do need a lot of skincare products.
2. Rinse with lukewarm water with a soft, white washcloth (benzoyl peroxide will bleach over time)
3. Cleanse and tone with two homemade essential oil toners with cotton pads
4. Apply a light layer of hyaluronic acid hydrating moisturizer (dermatologist-approved/recommended)
If wearing makeup, start here:
If not wearing makeup start here:
3. Cleanse face with stubborn acne control Clearasil pads
4. Wash with benzoyl peroxide face wash (no facial cleansing brush)
5. Rinse with lukewarm water and white washcloth
6. Cleanse and tone with both toners
7. Apply a light layer of glycolic acid acne serum
8. Add two drops of maracuja oil every other night around eyes and mouth
As-Needed Face Masks:
Indian Healing Clay Mask
- Good for cystic acne and deep pore cleansing
Mint Julep Masque
- Draws out impurities
Tea Tree Oil Clay Mask
- Absorbs excess oil
Please note all items are in stock as of the time of publication. As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.
- 30 Black-Owned Skincare Brands Everyone Should Know ›
- Tik Tok Made me Change my Skincare Routine ›
- Skin Care By Hyram Products Cured My Long-Term, Hormonal Acne ... ›