Feeling Sadness Strong Human
Dating

Accepting That You Are Sad Only Shows You Are Strong And Human

As Kid Cudi said, "Pain in my eyes, in the time I find, I'm stronger than I ever was".

437
Unsplash / Chinh Le Duc
https://unsplash.com/photos/TV1QYUtTxJ8

Once in a while, you get hit with a wave of sadness. You cannot understand or figure out why you are feeling that way, but you do feel that way. Everything in life might be heading in the right direction, but somehow, you feel as if the world is crashing down. This feeling is awful, and something no one should experience. Inexplicable sadness is the worst kind because you don't know how to fix it.

Now, there are two ways you approach the feeling. Either you own it and do whatever you need to do to get it all out, or you keep it all inside. I would say there is no right or wrong answer, but there is one answer that is most definitely incorrect:

The second one, letting all of those emotions eat you up inside and fill your heart with nothing but sadness.

I will be honest here and tell you that I have been guilty of doing this before. It was freshman year of high school and I had just moved from New Jersey. Now I have moved to multiple times before but this one was the hardest by far. I got into a deep hole just filled with negative energy. Half of the sadness I felt was for reasons I did not know and could not figure out. From a whole year of feeling thing way, I learned that hiding your emotions is like hurting yourself on purpose. Now, I am not telling you to feel sad all the time. I'm telling you to express anything you feel either happiness or sadness.

Don't ever keep it all in. Your feelings are important! Talking about them is the first step to knowing that things will get better. Most of the time, if you do not recognize when something is real, it is much easier to forget about it and move on with life, but that does not solve anything and never will.

I was told one time by a "wise" adult that I should be and try to be happy all the time. As crazy as it sounds, the person told me always to try your best to be positive and content no matter what. It was apparently a right that I always had to be happy. While you should think positively and look at the best of every situation, what happened to me having the right to feel other emotions?

The one way to fix that sudden wave of unexplainable sadness is acceptance.

Accept that sometimes things happen, but life goes on.

Accept that you are allowed to feel sad.

Accept that it is impossible to feel happy all the time.

Accept that showing emotion is strong, never weak.

Accept that feeling sad is not going to let anyone down.

Accept that it is okay to talk about your feelings.

Accept that feeling any emotion leads to personal growth and better mental health.

Accept that you are you!

Sadness is a standard and very natural part of life. Either you are sad for a reason or not, you have to let yourself feel it. Don't be ever scared to feel. It's okay to be sad sometimes, to feel, and, to be you.

You might think that things cannot ever go right, but I promise it will get better as everyone says (they say it because it's true). Keep your head high; you have so much to look forward to!