Hello World, I'm Brooke Burney

Hello World, I'm Brooke Burney

A short background about myself!

462

Before I dive right into creating content, I want to make an introduction to my page so you know a little bit about me before reading my posts!

My name is Brooke, and I have a strong desire to achieve my goals, however big or small they may be. I will be a freshman at Oklahoma State University in the fall of 2018, and I am majoring in chemistry. I plan on becoming an anesthesiologist, and I am hoping my major will help me in the future. I love science and think I do well in the subject; however, math is not something that is easy for me to do.

I was a band kid in high school. I went through seven years of playing percussion, with five of those fall semesters being in marching band. I played in the front ensemble for two years, color guard for one and was on the drum line playing bass for my last two years.

Being as I was in band from ages 11-18, I feel it has taught me a lot of lessons in growth, such as learning to let people go and move on from them or stay in touch (like your friends who graduate, quit participating or even move away), how to deal with drama, how to know when enough is enough and most importantly, being on time.

Being on time is such a huge thing in band and everywhere else in the real world. There are two sayings I have for being on time: "you're late if you're on time, and you're on time if you're five minutes early" and "hurry up and wait." That being said, even if I want to be late, I can't because I start to panic knowing that I will be late.

I have always thought about creating a blog or even a YouTube channel, so when I was presented with this opportunity, I jumped right on it. I love to voice my opinion, and I love telling stories as well as quoting my favorite lines from movies or suggesting songs for a certain kind of day. Stay tuned and enjoy!