The ABC's Of Being In A Relationship

The ABC's Of Being In A Relationship

From A-Z, you certainly belong with me!

1718
The ABC's Of Being In A Relationship
Blogspot

Relationships are about finding a balance between yourself and the person you’re with. Sometimes we need to take a step back and be sure we’re giving our relationship all that we’ve got.

Appreciate

Even the smallest of gestures can make your partner feel appreciated. Leave them a note before you go to work, send them a good morning message, or volunteer to do one of the chores they always do. It’s the small things that count.

Breaks

This doesn’t mean take a break from your relationship, but rather make time for yourself. Sometimes being apart helps you discover who you are and how you can best contribute to the relationship.

Charisma

Don’t be afraid to be outgoing and step out of your comfort zone! Be spunky and venture out to liven up the spark between the two of you.

Date

I always here that modern-day dating revolves around technology and social media. Take a step back and leave the electronics at home for the night. Enjoy a fancy dinner and talk about what has been going on in your life. Make it a goal to go on a date with each other two or three times a month.

Experience

Before my boyfriend and I began dating, he wasn’t much for hiking or going for walks. Now, he enjoys getting to spend time with me while doing the things we love. Open up your mind and be willing to experience something new!

Forgive

Relationships can be overwhelming. The last thing you want is to spend time mad at your partner. Instead, gain the courage to forgive and let the experience be a moment of learning.

Give and take

There needs to be a balance between two people in order for a relationship to work out. Be willing to stand up for things that matter to you, but also be willing to let go of things that you can do without.

Help

Be willing to step up and help your partner when needed. Whether that be with a physical activity or being a listening ear, your help shows your partner how much you care about them wanting to be happy.

Imagine

If you’re planning to make your relationship long term, you need to imagine your future together. What do you both want out of your lives? Kids? Travel? Take the time now to get on the same page to eliminate the risk of arguments in the future.

Juggle

Learn to juggle the different aspects of your life in order to find balance. It’s okay to take a step back and prioritize things that you want to keep and get rid of in your life. Juggling the good and the bad will help you juggle the ups and downs of being in a relationship.

Kisses

Kisses are a sign of love and affection. In fact kissing even helps to burn calories! It’s a win-win situation for everyone.

Love

There are a number of ways to show your partner you love them. However you two decide to do it, make sure you always feel loved. It’s the key to a solid relationship.

Make time

In our fast-paced world, it can be hard to find time to be alone, but this has to be a priority. Put it on your to-do list if that’s going to help you see how important it is to make time to be together.

Notes

Leaving hidden notes can make the day of your partner. Remind them how much you love them or wish them luck on their presentation at work. These little notes will go a long way!

Open

Keep the lines of communication open. Healthy relationships center on not keeping secrets from each other and being able to discuss concerns with one another. Don’t be afraid to speak your mind, but also listen when your partner has something to say.

Passion

Keeping the passion alive will keep your relationship positive. Whether that means recreating your first date or taking your dream vacation, enjoying your passions will keep passion in your relationship.

Quaint

Relationships shouldn’t be overwhelmingly stressful but instead, should have a quaint and peaceful feel. Sure there are going to be disagreements, but that’s human nature. Just remember why you feel in love with each other in the first place.

Respect

There has to be a mutual respect between both partners in order to be happy in the relationship. Respect your partner’s wishes and the two of you will find the perfect balance in the end.

Support

You need to rely on each other as a support system. Be able to have open and honest conversations and give and accept constructive criticism to keep your relationship moving in the right direction.

Travel

Getting to experience new places and cultures is one of the most magical things you can do with your love. Whether you travel to the other side of the world or a few miles down the road, getting away from your ordinary routine will be a good change in your relationship.

Understand

Sometimes it can be hard to understand someone else’s point of view, but you have to be open-minded and appreciate what they believe in.

Value

Never let your partner feel like they aren’t valued. This goes back to making time for each other and making sure you feel loved. Feeling valued is an amazing feeling.

Wish

Wish for the things that you want in your relationship then make a plan to make those wishes a reality.

X-pand your horizons

Stepping out of your comfort zone can be a key to making your relationship last.

Yearn

Yearn to always want the best for yourself and your partner. Always reaching for your goals will bring you two closer and make you feel more accomplished in life.

Zest

Be spontaneous and open to trying new things. Zest keeps the sparkle alive in a relationship.