The ABCs of Ohio University

The ABCs of Ohio University

Twenty-six words A-Z that describe life at OU.

584
The ABCs of Ohio University
Ohio University/Instagram

Have you ever wanted to summarize OU but couldn't fully encompass it? Well, here are twenty-six words, each a letter of the alphabet, that should explain what OU is like to a foreigner.

A. Athens

Ironically, we start this list with the city where everything happens, 'Athens Happens.'

B. Beer Olympics

The best 'Olympics' of them all.

C. Cheese Curds

I was going to put Court St. for this one, but cheese curds are too good.

D. Duane Nellis

The President of Ohio University. Fun fact: his name is actually Marvin.

E. Escalator

You're broken half the time but we still love you.

F. Financial Crisis

Really, who is in charge of the money?

G. Greek Life

Or with respect to this past year, lack thereof.

H. Hocking River

The beach of Athens (actually though, it's so pretty when it's not flooding).

I. [Ohio University] Inn

If you don't stay here at least once in four years, you haven't lived.

J. Jefferson Hall

The place you either lived at or envied others for living at.

K. Kaitlin Bennett

A girl who had no business coming to our college and said how we "rioted" against her.

L. Learning Communities

You probably hated it at the moment but ended up meeting your best friends in that class.

M. Miami

Don't even get me started.

N. New South

Either as competitive or more competitive than trying to get into Jeff.

O. Orientation

It was lowkey unnecessarily stressful.

P. 'Pizza Talk'

If you know, you know.

Q. Qualtrics

No, I don't want to take this survey.

R. Rufus

When you realize "Lynx Rufus" is the proper term for a bobcat.

S. Shivley

Rest in peace, your food wasn't good anyway.

T. 'The Shack'

If you know, you know.

U. Uptown

I see this place in my dreams.

V. Voinovich

It's a good opportunity.

W. West Virginia

Why not drive there for Chickfila?

X. eXtra close

Has a bond like no other college, don't @ me.

Y. Yearly tuition (OHIO Guarantee)

Thank God for that.

Z. Z-score

I feel like even if you didn't take PSY 2110 at this point you know about concepts like z-scores.

Well, there you have it. An alphabetic way to sum up life at Ohio University. Go Bobcats!