ABCs of Summer

The ABCs Of Spending Your Summers In The Midwest

I is for Ice Cream!

25
lake

Midwesteners tend to experience summer in similar stereotypical ways. You go "Up North" to visit your family, or you go tubing on Lake Michigan. Here are a few ways that Midwesteners experience summer.

1. A is for Air Conditioning

If you try and go a summer without air conditioning, you won't have a great time. Coming in after being outside to a cool, refreshing breeze is the perfect way to spend your summer.

2. B is for Boats

There are so many lakes for people to go boating in. Has your summer really started if you haven't gone out on the lake yet?

3. C is for Canoeing

Rent or buy!

4. D is for Day Trip

If you live in a small city in the midwest, chances are you've taken day trips to the nearest big city.

5. E is for Easy

Take it easy this summer!

6. F is for Fresh Fruit

Watermelon is finally in season!

7. G is for Grass

Everybody's first summer job: mowing grass.

8. H is for Heat

Do you remember that year where it almost got up to 120 degrees??

9. I is for Ice Cream!

The local ice cream shops are open!

10. J is for July

The sweet spot of summer.

11. K is for Kids

Babysitting time!

12. L is for Love

Summer flings.

13. M is for Major Changes

If you have to move back home with your parents during the summer, you won't have the same freedom you had a few months earlier.

14. N is for Night Sky

Nothing is quite as beautiful as the stars.

15. O is for Outside

This gif speaks for itself.

16. P is for Picnics

All you need is a blanket, some food, and some friends.

17. Q is for Quiet

You don't have to hear screaming in your dorm halls anymore!

18. R is for Rain

Summer thunderstorms are one of a kind. Sometimes you have to change it up and not have a beautiful sunny day.

19. S is for Seasonal Work

Fresh out of school? Get a job for three months!

20. T is for Travel

Spend this time exploring things outside of your hometown.

21. U is for Up North

Up North can be for any midwest state. The UP? Anywhere north of Madison? That's Up North. Go for a weekend.

22. V is for Visit

Summer is the time for reconnecting and visiting loved ones.

23. W is for Work

You have to afford ice cream somehow.

24. X is for "X-citing"

Three whole months of summer!!!

25. Y is for Yard Sale

Spring cleaning leads to selling all of the stuff you just cleaned out!

26. Z is for "ZZZZZZ"

Sleep > everything else.