Random Thoughts - Life Is A Balancing Act

This is just a compilation of all my thoughts for today and how they make me feel.

213
Joshua Earle

I have often heard people refer to life as a balancing act and I never really understood why until this year. Trying to balance the important things and filtering out the not so important things is not always easy, and then trying to manage those said important things is an even bigger obstacle.

From papers and exams to trying to run a brand new business while still managing a normal college life and preparing myself for summer internships, life has honestly just been one big balancing act, and at this point I feel like I am about to drop everything and come falling down in a very embarrassing and messy crash.

But then I remember that God doesn’t give you things that you can't handle.

Sure my life may not seem like the most “stressful” but I'm sure many college students can attest to how I am feeling right now. In the back of my mind, all I can think about is making good grades while also still trying to enjoy that last three or so weeks of school with my friends.

I also just started a new business. So being a young business owner and literally doing everything from getting my LLC to my Tax ID and even the product itself is all on me. I cannot be disappointed with anyone but myself if things go wrong and I can’t blame my mistakes on anyone else…is this what adulting feels like because if so I want to go back to being 12.

On top of a budding business and school, life throws crazy and unexpected things at you. And that thing is a boy.

Now let me tell you, I am probably the absolute worst when it comes to relationships and boys in general. I am WAY too awkward to even talk to a boy much less crush on them so this whole “college boy” thing is really stressing me out. Now, I hope this boy isn’t reading this article as we speak and if you are, then I’m sorry, but basically, this post is about all of my current thoughts and surprise you are one of them.

It is so frustrating how much I think about you and you probably don’t think of me that much and I guess that’s okay, that's why they call it a crush right? Either way if you are reading this you probably know who you are, and honestly, I’m okay with that.

Okay moving on.

Recently I have heard so many stories about mean girls and how they are literally ruining peoples lives. Let me just say, if you are hateful to someone for whatever reason, then I have lost all respect for you. If you have nothing better to do than to pick on someone and constantly belittle them then PLEASE go find a hobby!

You have no idea what people are going through so, therefore why are you being mean to them? Stop gossiping, stop prank calling, and stop making shady posts about them. Odds are it is honestly just making you look silly and karma will bite you in the butt.

And lastly, the other thing that has been on my mind is my parents.

Now I know that may seem silly but being in college, even though I am only three and a half hours away, I still miss them! I wonder what their days are like without me and I wonder how much my mom gets on my dad's nerves without me and how much my dad misses picking on me.

I get curious as to what they are doing throughout the day because they were my best friends for 18 years, now that I can’t see them it’s almost like I’m having FOMO. So mom and dad, I miss you and you are on my mind, whether you want to believe it or not.

So like I said, life may be a balancing act but sometimes it's better if you just say all your thoughts and opinions outloud (or write them out). That way, you don’t feel like you are about to crash and burn.