Days Of The Week In College

Days Of The Week, As Told By A College Student

"I don't care if Monday's blue, Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too."

361
https://unsplash.com/photos/18mUXUS8ksI?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditCopyText

Monday

Monday is really just the worst day for everyone always, but for a college student, it's a sad reminder of what college is really about—class. Monday is two cups of coffee within less than an hour of each other. Monday is fog. Monday feels like you woke up in time to see the sunrise, even though you didn't. The weekend was like a dream, and here we are again, dragging our feet along the sidewalk as we begrudgingly make our way to our first lecture of the week. Everything is somehow slower on Mondays. Even the professor seems a little did. If it's any solace, he probably doesn't want to be here either.

Tuesday

Tuesday could be great, depending on your classes, but probably not. Let's face it, you did all of the work for your Monday/Wednesday class over the weekend and forgot about Tuesday/Thursday. Plus, Tuesday classes are all at least an hour long, unlike Monday, so you're probably just dying inside. Tuesday is propping up your book as you read in the library. Tuesday is the whisper of students as they prepare for their tests later this week. Tuesday is switching from jeans to sweatpants the second you get back to your dorm. Chin up kid, it gets better than Tuesday.

Wednesday

Wednesday is really just the sad middle child of your week though, isn't it? You've probably finally forced yourself to get at least some of your work done by now (did you though?), and there's some comfort in the fact that there's only so much of the school week left to go. Also, you probably have like ten clubs today. Now it's all a question of how to balance everything and survive until the weekend. Wednesday is taking a power nap in between diligent study sessions. Wednesday is the sound of furious typing as you finally settle into your work routine. Wednesday is marking off ten things on your calendar just to see ten more.

Thursday

Honestly, you could really make the argument that Thursday is the best day of the week. Assuming you're not an idiot and made your Friday pretty light on classes (all discussions, anyone?), you probably won't have a ton of work on Thursday, which is a huge relief. The day itself might be pretty rough, but at least once classes are over, you can actually breathe. Thank god for Thursday, honestly. Thursday is letting yourself go out for lunch because you earned it. Thursday is crossing off a check list and finally having more done than to do. Thursday is laughing on the couch with your friends as the sun goes down.

Friday

I mean, we were all looking forward to Friday though, weren't we? Friday is euphoria. Everyone is out until 2 am, and whether you're with them or not, the night is all about treating yourself. Maybe you can finally get that laundry done that's been sitting in the corner of your room. Maybe you've finally got time to watch that movie you've been meaning to watch. Friday is a day of possibilities. Friday is the skip in your step on the way home from your last class. Friday is comfort food and late dinner with your friends. Friday is thinking "what do I have to do?" and deciding to do it tomorrow.

Saturday

You're not getting anything done on Saturday. As much as you wish you would, you just can't get yourself to sit down. Everyone is finding things to do, whether it's laundry or cleaning, or going out to the city, or spending the whole night at the frats, everyone has a game plan for Saturday. Make today your day for getting your non-school related life together. Saturday is the awkward conversation in the laundry room as you wait for a dryer to open up. Saturday is the comfort of home if you choose to go back for the weekend. Saturday is fearless and free.

Sunday

As the week comes to a close, you're probably wondering if you've actually gotten anything done. You realize that you've got class tomorrow, so time to get back on the grind. Sunday is groggily waking up at noon after a long night out. Sunday is organizing all your textbooks and readings and sighing as you realize that Saturday is really over. Sunday is hot tea and blankets and maybe a little bit of hope that next week is going to be okay.