A Useful Insight Into Horse Fencing

A Useful Insight Into Horse Fencing

Fences allow you to let your horses run freely in your field; besides this being a wonderful sight it is better for those horses if they are free rather than confined in their space.

12
Horse Fencing

Those into agriculture or situated at rural locations will be more than aware of the need for fencing. This might be for their farm or to define a boundary for the farm animal. Some of the common farm animals include cows, sheep, and horses. There are several benefits of installing a fence; one of the obvious one being to provide a perimeter for the animals to ensure they do not wander away. The added benefit being that it helps unwanted animals at bay. There are many types of fences available each with its set of unique characteristics. This article provides more information for those planning to install horse fencing.

Factors to consider when buying horse fence posts

Constructing a fence or a solid barrier is one of the best methods to contain the horses in a specific section and to prevent them from wandering off. However, there is more to a fence than meets the eye; one of the main factors being some types of fences can cause harm to the horses due to their sharp edges. Thus, here are several factors to consider when considering a horse fence:

• Consider the aesthetic appeal of the fence prior to investing in it.
  • It should be safe for your horses; for example in the case where you opt for barbed wire, there is a high probability the horses might injure themselves.
  • The height of the fence will depend on the type of livestock. Horses are more athletic and taller than cows and sheep hence will usually require a higher fence. In fact, the minimum height of your fence should be 5 feet.
  • It should be able to withstand the impact of horses pushing or banging against it.
  • Consider the maintenance necessary for the fence, opt for one that requires low maintenance.
  • It should be effective in keeping the predators at bay.
  • Opt for those which are easy to install, durable, and have a warranty.

Types of horse fencing in Australia

There are many types of fences like PVC post and rail, timber post and rail, mesh fencing, equirail horse fencing, rubber fence. Zappa rail horse fence offers the strength of wire fence as well as the safety and durability of plastic. It has been around for a long time and will not harm your horses. Post and wire is a traditional farm fence that is in use in many countries around the world. It is effective in containing many types of livestock. You have the option of choosing between either low tensile, medium tensile and high tensile. Rubber fences typically made from old tyres and conveyor belts are also a good horse fencing solution. Since it is soft it will not injure the horse and at the same time act as a good barrier. On the other hand, it will sag overtime in the heat.

Plasmar fence post is general-purpose fencing that is suitable for agriculture, aquaculture and several other applications like horse fencing and more. It allows for better in-ground retention. This type of fence is made from 100% recycled engineering grade polymer material. The plastic polymer used to build the fence is also CSIRO tested to ensure it is durable. Besides which it is also affordable and has been proven to last more than 50 years. This type of fence is easy to install and means there will be lesser plastic waste sent to the landfill. Buying plasmar fence for your horse farm is also the more eco-friendly option.