A Tribute To My Home

A Tribute To My Home

I am so honored to say my roots start under New Mexico skies.

32
A Tribute To My Home
unsplash.com

Dear New Mexico,

The place where the sky starts your day with a loving hello and ends it with a comforting goodnight. A site that never fails to provide a beautiful painting of God's grace.

The Small Village, Capitan

The small village where I found Jesus in the most beautiful way. Where I learned to be a servant for Christ and others.

Fort Lone Tree

The church camp on that village mountain, where I learned to play carpet ball. Where my eyes were opened to how lucky I am to have the freedom to live for my savior. The church camp where I learned to zip line. The place that made me crazy to share the word of Christ. Fort Lone Tree introduced me to chaco tans, my love for the outdoors, but most importantly, FLT lead me to Christ.

Roswell

The city that I grew up in. The city that broke me so badly that I never thought I would be fixed. Where my heart was exposed to the real world way too soon. Roswell was where I went to elementary school and was shown how mean girls can be. I often laid in my bed with tears in my eyes asking God why he put me on this earth. I vividly remember my Father kissing me goodbye has he would leave home for the night shift, and little me praying he would come home in the morning safely. My beautiful Mother who would comfort me and be the sweetest role model to ever have. The City that taught me both strong love, and painful loss.

Ruidoso

The Small Town on that mountain where I went to horse races. Home to my favorite pizza restaurant, “Cafe Rio." The small town that I only knew as "the town with the candy shop" as a little girl. Ruidoso had the burger restaurant that had the windows I would always wash for fun while waiting on my food. It was where I took part in my first play. Where my Mimi and Papa taught me how to fish. It wasn't an easy task for them because fishing is a quiet activity and little Kylee didn't want to be quiet. The small town where I rode go carts. This is where I learned to love Native American culture.

New Mexico

The state where I learned to drive. The beautiful land where I woke up at 3am to go ride hot air balloons. Where I gained my passion for theatre. New Mexico, you were where I grew up cheering my brother on while he fell in love with baseball. For that I am forever grateful. Where my Pop taught me how to drive a 4 wheeler. You are where my Mema taught me how to bake delicious treats. You are the state that is my home. The state where my first pet is buried. The state where my Great Mema became my best friend.

You, New Mexico, made me who I am.

No Matter where life takes me I'll always find my home, within you.