A tribute to my dearest friend

A tribute to my dearest friend

I will miss you.

2352
A tribute to my dearest friend

I am heartbroken. You were my first love and my best friend. I just saw you a few weeks ago and we exchanged pleasantries and said Merry Christmas. Though we had gone our separate ways the past few years, I have only good memories of you. I can't believe you're gone.

Hearing the news of your passing yesterday sank me to my knees. You were only 33 years old. Something tragic happened on New Year's Eve that can never be erased, and I will never be the same. You will always hold a piece of my heart.

We were only 12 years old when we met. We were thick as thieves and had so much fun together. I remember driving past your house countless times on the way to mine and you'd be outside and we would talk forever. Time stood still when we were together. I remember our talks on the phone, all the silly pictures we took, and telling you my deepest secrets. I was looking through my yearbook the other day and saw that you had taken up an entire page just for yourself. You told me that I would always have you no matter what. I cherish what we had and those memories will live on. The past 20 years I have loved you, though our lives went separate directions in the past few years.

Rest easy, my dear friend. You will always live in my heart.