To My Mom, Thank You

To My Mom, Thank You

You do so much for me and I don't thank you enough for it. So, here is me thanking you for a fraction of what you do and who you are.

17

Hey Mom,

First, and foremost, thank you for everything you do to provide for me. You work very hard to give me the things I want. I just want you to know that it doesn't go unnoticed. You have sacrificed a lot in order to provide for me. Not all parents are willing to give up things for their kids, rather they have to "earn it." But, I am extremely grateful that you willingly make sacrifices for me. In fact, through all this, I've realized you are probably the most selfless person I know — you treat us to the things we want and I can't ask for more, especially when you would love some new clothes or home renovations.

I also want to thank you for the countless things you've done for me that don't involve money. You always have my back and are ready to support me in any and every way possible. When it came to my middle school and high school years, I wasn't the easiest nor the happiest child, but you did everything in your power to lift me up to help me see the bright side of everything. It's not easy seeing your child unhappy, especially when you have given them so much to be happy about. You persisted and did your best to understand me and my feelings. Plus, not only did you help me through those specific struggles, but you continue to support me all the time and I couldn't be more grateful for that.

Additionally, when it comes to academics, that not always easy either. Growing up, you were always there when school was tough. You worked hard to make sure I had the tools to succeed; you have never stopped doing that either. You have taught me what having a good work ethic looks like — I'm not quite sure I'd be the student I am today without your help and guidance throughout all these years.

Honestly, I don't think I'd be who I am without you at all. You have taught what it means to be kind, honest, empathetic, organized, well mannered, intelligent and so much more. No wonder there are so many crappy people out there, it's because you're not their mom. But in all seriousness, the older I get the more I make sure I pay attention to the things you do and say because I know how valuable it all is. I know how much you have to offer me and I don't take it for granted that's for sure. At the end of the day, you have taught me so much more than you and I both realize and that's something I can't thank you enough for.

And one day, when I'm a mother, I hope to be half the mother you are to me.

I love you so much,

Becca