Not all relationships are as perfect as they appear to be.
Dating

A Relationship May Seem Perfect, But It Is Always Important To Look Out For Red Flags

Don't mistake obsession for caring or concern.

793
https://unsplash.com/photos/mhTjloLNU80

Recently, I was talking to one of my best friends, for this story we will refer to her as K.

K is another model and recently started dating an incredibly secretive medical student and entrepreneur. This man literally embodies the film "Crazy Rich Asians." They flew all around Europe together and now are "living" together. During our conversation, K voiced several of her concerns about this relationship. I feel it is important to share her experience so other women can learn from it. Since October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, I figured it was important to share her experience so other women can be aware of red flags to look for in their relationship.

K never agreed to let him move in, nor does she want to live with him. Despite the fact this man is loaded, he does not have a home or a car. Because he travels too much, he sold his car and house before going to Asia. Then, he decided it was not worth it to buy another one. He just moved his things into K's apartment, and he isn't covering any of the rent! He also expects K to do his laundry and make him breakfast.

The manipulation doesn't stop there. This man hired a 20-year-old assistant (younger than K) to handles is personal details. When arranging flights to Asia, this assistant called K referring to her fear of flying as a "disability" and a scam to get upgraded to first class with her boyfriend. K had no idea that her boyfriend was flying first class, while he was going to book K an economy ticket. Yes, you read that right. While this man was going to live it up with a first class ticket, K would fly in the back of the plane. Despite being in a relationship, they would not even be flying across the world together.

Despite this cohabitation thing they have going on, he has blocked her on all forms of social media. Here is the kicker: He slid into her DMs to instigate said relationship. After traveling to Asia, K voiced her concern about not being Facebook official. This man she is with is extremely territorial of her but does not want to broadcast their relationship on his social media platforms. I think that is an incredible red flag. Women, you should be with a man who wants to broadcast you to the world, not hide you like some dirty secret.

This man expects K to share her location with him, so he knows where she is at every second of the day. Although this may seem like he cares about her safety and wellbeing, he won't share his location with her. This man travels often and K would like to know he is okay. Why is she expected to let him know where she is when he cannot reciprocate?

K knows I am writing this article. We Facetimed during the entire writing process. Although she sees the flags, she still has feelings for this man. Hopefully, her experience can help other women notice the flags and be aware of what an unhealthy relationship looks like. If you are in an unhealthy relationship, it is not a sign of weakness to ask for help.