Favorite Things About Starbucks

A Love Letter To Starbucks

That mermaid is such a third wheel.

120

My Dearest Starbucks,

You and I have been lovers for a good while now. You've been loyal from semester to semester, and I've stuck around through seasons of red cups and PSLs, too.

I'm smitten with the drinks you make me. It's almost as if I'm addicted to them... as if my day doesn't truly start until you give me one. You know when I'm in a hurry and hook me up with the quick dark roast, but you're also all too good at sensing when I've had a rough day and come rolling out with the venti vanilla latte. Every now and then, you get flirty and send an iced coffee my way, too.

I love the way you smell. I mean, you're so rich and earthy, some might even say dark and brooding. I breathe you in and I can't get enough of your recognizable scent.

You have a good taste in music. The songs you play me are just what I need. You know exactly what to play for the mood that I'm in. You know when I need to be calmed, when I need to be focused, when I need to be rejuvenated. I've found some of my favorite artists and songs because of you.

You've got the looks. You're aesthetic is on point. Everything from that perfect shade of green you always wear to your sleek walls, chocolatey floors, and gorgeous bar. You're cute and comfortable.

I love the way you make me feel. Whether catching up with friends or by myself, I always feel so at home with you. I am relaxed and at peace, alone and with others all at once.

You're really good at motivating me. When I need to do work, I can convince myself that with that drink you brought me, I now have the incentive to read that drab textbook. With your singing, I can make it through another problem set. With your support, I can do whatever the heck I need to. You help me succeed.

You've got some really funny stories. When work gets to be too much, sometimes I sit back and let your stories unfold. Some are about things similar to that blonde girl to my right who has a really pathetic boyfriend that she's contemplating dumping (and yes, Anna, if Kyle did forget your one-year-anniversary date night, then you should probably reevaluate your relationship). Some stories of the stories about bad decisions, more bad decisions, and a few more yet. Really, if I sit back long enough, I'm always amazed at what you come up with.

You really care about me. You make sure I'm energized and happy. If I'm ever feeling off, I come to you because I know that I can count on you.

The joy I get from being around you is so easy and free, and I truly can't imagine my life without you (although that mermaid is such a third wheel).

xoxo,

Your girl <3