A Light In The Day

A Light In The Day

Welcome!/EP. 1 of the WHY WORRY Series

30
Unsplash via Lukas Bornhauser

Welcome to "A Light In The Day!" Each week for three weeks, an episode featuring a different devotional will surround an overall theme that will wrap up on the third week.

EP. 1 - Richness

This week, we start on the most poignant theme in the world today, "worrying." And for the first episode, we dive into the real richness we all need during these trying times.

"Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts." Colossians 3:16 ESV

In all its richness, fill our lives. Throughout this unprecedented time, stability in finances has been a struggle for some, and or, most of us (shoutout to you, COVID-19). It can be stressful to see the light at the end of this dark tunnel. It might be difficult to not overthink as to what we will eat, let alone how we will eat. How are we going to pay rent? How are we going to get food? How will we get to work? How will we make ends meet for this week? It is okay to ask hard questions. It's on us whether or not to let go and let God, or allow our worry to overcome our hearts. The worrying can become so easily adaptable to the hardest thing to depart from. But we have a Heavenly, Almighty, Powerful, and Way-making Father who is making a way for you at this very moment.

"That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn't life more than food, and your body more than clothing?" Matthew 6:25 NLT

As we ask OUR hard questions, one gets thrown directly at US...

"Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?" Matthew 6:27 NLT

Can they? Do they?... I'll let you answer that but, let's continue through the last few verses of this chapter.

"And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? "So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." Matthew 6:30-34 NLT

Worrying is such an easy thing to do right now. It is so easy to be fearful of tomorrow, today, and even our past. I'll never forget what God spoke on my heart during what seemed like one of the most trying and worry-filled times in my life. "Don't let something that is so easily adaptable become the hardest thing to depart from." Friends, ways are being made for YOU. All that we will ever NEED - true richness - is found in Him. He will provide you food. He will provide a roof over you. He will make YOUR ends meet because His Son took those worries and fears on a Cross that would forever reign as our symbol for inevitable hope and salvation.

I pray blessings upon blessings over your life today! Not Hell nor Satan himself can take away the POWER of RESURRECTION running through YOUR veins. Let the message of Jesus overcome your heart, souls, and spirits FILL your emptiness with a richness of everlasting hope, grace, mercy, forgiveness, and love.