A Letter To My Mom

A Letter To My Mom

Because I don't tell you enough...

8
A Letter To My Mom

Dear Momma,

As I have gotten older, went to college, and moved away from home, I have realized how fast time travels. How many hours I haven't been with my family, how many minutes I have gone without telling you how much I love you.

So momma, I love you- and with my whole heart. I know I don't always show or tell you how much I love you, but I promise I do.

I have not forgotten all that you have done for me. No action of yours goes unnoticed. You have shaped me into the women I am today. Without you, who knows what I would be doing!

Ever since I was a little girl, you have been my rock. From putting bandaids on my cuts to holding me in your arms when I needed to cry to you about a breakup, you have always been so assertive and loving.

Not only are you a great care-taker, but you are a hero. Not just a hero for our family, but a hero to so many kids. The way you counsel children at your school and love on them shows. I can tell from the smiles on their faces when they find you at Walmart how much they adore you.

You have taught me many important life skills, but I think we can all agree that our best skill is shopping! When it comes to shopping, we are always ready to roll. You even told me how to hide all of our bags from my dad when we came home from a long day at the mall.

Some people say we look alike and I take that as a compliment! Who wouldn't want to look like you? But I think more than anything, that we act more alike. As I have gotten older, I have noticed how we have similar personality traits and have the same weird quirks. I blame you for my hard and painful hiccups. But I guess all this is what makes us such great friends!

And one of the most important things that I have realized as I have gotten older, is how much you have sacrificed for me. When I asked for money to go to a movie or bowling with my friends, you gave up something that you could have bought for yourself. When I was sick with the flu, you sacrificed your health by being around me and your time at work.

I could go on and on about you, mom. The list of reasons why I am thankful for you will never end. I will try to remember to call you more often, hug your neck every chance I get, and tell you I love you everyday, because time sure does fly by.

I love you,

Your daughter