A Letter to my Ex
popular

A Letter To My Ex

For closure for me and for you.

31
A Letter To My Ex

Dear Ex-Boyfriend,

I have tried to write this letter many times. The first time I made a list of all the things I did wrong. Then, made a list of all the things you did wrong, a list of things we did wrong and a list of all the red flags I ignored.

There was a moment where I realized that if I sent you these list or not, nothing will change. I can't change the pain you caused me and I can't change the pain I caused you. A relationship is a two way street, so we both caused each other hurt. We both pulled each other in the wrong direction and did not push each other to become a better person.

It's easy to remember all the good memories and want to create more of those but when I remember the bad memories I want to run away. Yet anytime you texted me I started to day dream. Maybe this time everything will work out. Maybe this time things will be different. Maybe this time we can restart and put God at the center. Maybe this time we will have real conversations. Maybe this time we will build each other up. All of the day dreaming was unrealistic. Thank you for that. Thank you for crushing those dreams and forcing me to realize that you are not the one.

This is not a letter where I bash you. This is not a letter to tell everyone all the words you said to hurt me. This is not a letter where I say everything was my fault.

This is a letter for closure to myself. This is a thank you letter. So, thank you for all the hurt. Thank you for letting me hit rock bottom to figure out who I am. Thank you for allowing me to see what I need in a relationship and for what I don't need. Thank you for coming into my life so I can grow from taking the hard road.

I always wish the best for you, but I also hope you can grow from our relationship. I hope you can treat the next girl better than you treated me. I hope you find true love and grow with someone. I hope you can forgive me for all the hurt I caused you. I hope one day you find closure from our time together.

If you ever read this or not, I hope you are happy. Thank you for everything you did to me and for me, all the good and bad.

- Your hurt but thankful ex-girlfriend