9 Rounds At 9Round And You'll Be Fitter Than Ever
Wellbeing

All You Have To Do Is 9 Rounds At 9Round Every Day And You'll Be The Next Hulk

9Round is a kickboxing gym located all throughout the country, including San Diego.

1235
Eva Curiel Muzquiz

Do you want to get fit? Do you want to go to a gym but you're too tired to do the exercises by yourself? I felt the same way.

That's why I joined 9Rounds two years ago. 9Round is a kickboxing gym that consists of nine different workouts for three minutes each with a rest between each round, resulting in 30 minutes.

You might think that it's not worth it or that it's not really a workout because it's only 30 minutes but believe me that you do get tired. After those 30 minutes, you are literally drenching in sweat. A 30-minute workout at 9Round is equivalent to one hour or more at a gym. Also, a membership includes your own boxing gloves and a pair of wraps for your hands.

Rounds One, Two and Three

The first round is usually using the jump rope or workouts like jumping jacks or mountain climbers. I hate jump rope but I know it's good practice every time I go.

The second workout is using the weights. I love any type of weight workout because it makes me feel strong and you can really notice your muscles. Besides, if there is a cute guy close to you, you can totally show off with your skills. These workouts usually consist of bicep curls, squats with weights, or tricep kickbacks.

Now you're probably asking: When are you going to actually use your kickboxing gloves? Well, the answer is Round Three! In this round, you're hitting the double-ended bag. This is a really fun workout once you get the rhythm of hitting the bag.

Round Four

Round Four consists of a heavy bag. These workouts are usually round kicks, front kicks, side kicks or any type of punching.

Round Five

Round Five consists of the uppercut bag. Here you usually do shin kicks, round kicks, uppercuts, hammers or hooks. This round can be tough and you sweat a lot but it's definitely worth the sweat.

Round Six

Round Six is another heavy bag. These workouts are usually different from Round Four. These consist of any kicks, any punches, or something different like bridge kicks.

Round Seven

Round Seven consists of the skin bag. Just by the name of the bag you should know what type of workout it consists of. You usually do shin kicks, hammers or hooks at the end of the bag.

Round Eight

Round Eight is the speed bag—everybody's favorite! I know it's my favorite because it is so fun hitting the bag. You feel empowered and strong once you know how to hit the bag. I also love it when the trainers give us a challenge like counting the number of hits because then I will want to hit the bag like 500 times.

Round Nine

Finally, the last round! Round Nine is any type of ab workout. These include the plank, Russian twists, supermans, ab wheel workout, sit-ups or v-ups, which is what the girl above is doing with the medicine ball. By the time you're at this round, you are tired as heck and sweating so much. But you still got to complete all nine rounds!!

In between rounds, you do different types of fast workouts like high knees, butt kickers or flutter kicks. Also, one round could be freestyle so during that round you could do pad workout with the trainer.

9Round has taught me how to be more confident in myself. Before I didn't really go to the gym or I would only go to be on the treadmill. I would be afraid to go because I didn't know how to use different types of machines and weights. I am thankful that I discovered 9Round because now I love going to the gym. I get excited to go to the gym. At 9Round, I let all my strength go by hitting the bag as hard as I can. I believe I am a more mellow person because of 9Round. Also, I've gained more strength and lost weight by going. I definitely recommend anybody to go. The first workout is free, so definitely check it out! It doesn't hurt to try!