90's babies

10 Struggles 2000s Babies Will Never Understand

Growing up in the 90s was great, but anything but efficient. This is what all 90s babies had to deal with growing up.

63
<a style="background-color:black;color:white;text-decoration:none;padding:4px 6px;font-family:-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, &quot;San Francisco&quot;, &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Helvetica, Ubuntu, Roboto, Noto, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;line-height:1.2;display:inline-block;border-radius:3px" href="https://unsplash.com/@florian_perennes?utm_medium=referral&amp;utm_campaign=photographer-credit&amp;utm_content=creditBadge" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" title="Download free do whatever you want high-resolution photos from Florian Pérennès"><span style="display:inline-block;padding:2px 3px"><svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" style="height:12px;width:auto;position:relative;vertical-align:middle;top:-1px;fill:white" viewBox="0 0 32 32"><title>unsplash-logo</title><path d="M20.8 18.1c0 2.7-2.2 4.8-4.8 4.8s-4.8-2.1-4.8-4.8c0-2.7 2.2-4.8 4.8-4.8 2.7.1 4.8 2.2 4.8 4.8zm11.2-7.4v14.9c0 2.3-1.9 4.3-4.3 4.3h-23.4c-2.4 0-4.3-1.9-4.3-4.3v-15c0-2.3 1.9-4.3 4.3-4.3h3.7l.8-2.3c.4-1.1 1.7-2 2.9-2h8.6c1.2 0 2.5.9 2.9 2l.8 2.4h3.7c2.4 0 4.3 1.9 4.3 4.3zm-8.6 7.5c0-4.1-3.3-7.5-7.5-7.5-4.1 0-7.5 3.4-7.5 7.5s3.3 7.5 7.5 7.5c4.2-.1 7.5-3.4 7.5-7.5z"></path></svg></span><span style="display:inline-block;padding:2px 3px">Florian Pérennès</span></a>
https://unsplash.com/photos/wloRJGS6Y34

Lfe has become so much easier in the 2000's and technology has made us lazy. Thinking back to simpler times brings us back to when things were not so quick and easy to do. Us 90's babies appreciate our not so tech savvy past and frankly, it has much more character than the 00's.

1. Going to a quiet room to make a new ringtone.

You were already the coolest person in your class for having a cell phone but having the latest song for your ringtone was just as important. You would pull a top hit on YouTube or play a song out loud on your boom box to record on your phone. With trial and error, you get the perfect beginning and end for your new ringtone.

2. Losing your Hit-Clip CD

To reach in your road trip bag and pull out a hitclip and not have the actual music was the worst feeling ever. Now you have to ride in silence or listen to whatever 90's hiphop or soft rock your parents were listening to.

3. Telling your mom to get off the phone so you could use the internet

Dial Up. Que the loud annoying siren that would last at least twenty seconds. Nothing was worse than trying launch the internet while your mom was on the house phone. Yelling back and forth you would try to get her to hang up so you could get on coolmathforkids.com and funbrain.

4. Begging your mom to let you put rhinestones on your phone

Every hip girl had their Blackberry or their Razor cell phone decked out in pink rhinestones. The more the bling the better. Anything that would draw attention to you having a cell phone, you wanted it on there.

5. Hitting a bump in the road and your movie stops 

Nothing was worse than watching your favorite show in your lap on your Video Now. Your volume is perfect, and you are heavily into whatever was happening on the screen. Then suddenly, a pothole in the road ruins your mood by stopping your video from playing. You'd slap the portable movie player hoping that it would playback without you having to take the DVD out and starting all over.

6. Rewinding your VHS

You can never forget when you were ready to sit down and rewatch a movie you just watched last weekend. You put in the VHS and plop down on the couch and then realize the credits of the movie are playing. Now you have to wait a solid ten minutes for the entire movie to rewind.

7. Not being able to move more than five feet from your game cube

There was no such thing as wireless controllers at this time. When the game got rowdy and the controller was pulled out of its socket, that ended all the fun. Depending on the game, you would have to start all over, ending your career, but if you were lucky, you would just get up and plug it in.

8. Knocking on doors to play outside

It was not guaranteed that your friends or the neighbors had a cell phone, so the most efficient way to go out and play was to physically go around and knock on their door. By doing this, you may even score a snack from the neighbor's mom!

9. Asking your friend's mom to put them on the phone

It is after school and you have finished your homework and eaten a snack. Now you want to sit on the phone and chat with your friend, but in order to talk to them you must call the house and talk to their mother. After you give her an update your life she is finally ready to hand over the phone to the person you actually want to talk to.

10. Fiddling with your paper 3D glasses

Lean wrong, and your glasses fall off. The hard paper tucked behind your ear is causing you to itch so you mucst take off the perfectly adjusted glasses to scratch. Nothing was more stressful in the movie theater than trying to get your 3D glasses to fit and stay on. You have to perfectly grab each arm of the glasses to bend around your ear.

The 90's is arguably the best years to have been born. There were some struggles and things weren't as convenient, but no one has ever said they didn't enjoy the 90s.