9 Ways To Get Into The Christmas Spirit

9 Ways To Get Into The Christmas Spirit

You are never too old to believe in Santa Claus

45
9 Ways To Get Into The Christmas Spirit
Bing

It’s the most wonderful time of the year… my dad, I’m sure, has already started listening to the Christmas playlist he has on his iPod, Walmart and Target have already started putting out Christmas paraphernalia, but there are some people who have yet to get into the spirit of Christmas…So here are 9 ways on how to do just that:

Start making a Christmas list.

It doesn’t matter what your age is, you are never too old to believe in Santa Claus. Write out a list of things you want and need, pack it in an envelope and send it to the North Pole. If you have kids, you can make a night of it! Have out magazines from your local toy stores and help your kids go through them and let them pick out what they want. Then help them pack their lists and letters to Santa in an envelope to “send to the North Pole”. Having a physical address to send it to doesn’t hurt either, so here ya go!

Santa Claus

325 S. Santa Claus Lane

North Pole, Alaska 99705

Give back.

We are not blind to the struggles of the world. There are families who cannot afford a big and extravagant holiday, whether it is the gifts or the dinner. Those of you with kids, remind them what the holiday spirit is about. Help a family in need at a local shelter, donate food and gifts at local drives. I promise you, it is more rewarding than it sounds right now.

Play Christmas Music.

This may not be everybody’s favorite holiday past time. But it is a part of getting into the holiday cheer. You don’t necessarily have to listen to the slower, more “boring” songs. There are playlists all over that you could choose from; Spotify and even using Pandora hasn’t failed me, you just have to find the right playlist.

Make a Countdown to Christmas Day.

Not only is this exciting for the little ones, but this can also be extremely helpful!! You can keep track of the days and it’ll give you a better chance of having everything done before you are running around like a chicken with its head chopped off. Bonus Tip: you can make a “Me Christmas Countdown” and behind the flaps, put down some goals you want to accomplish, anything from waking up an hour earlier to losing weight, as well as what you wanted to get done for that day! Get a jump start on that New Year Resolution!!

Visit Santa!

This is something, I know first-hand, you are never too old for! I have been going to visit every year at my local mall. At first I felt silly doing it in my 20’s, but realistically speaking, it saves money on extra pictures for your Christmas card. It also keeps the kids around you believing longer. (This is not scientifically proven…)

Have a Christmas Movie Marathon.

This is something everyone can enjoy from young to old! Free Form (formally known as ABC Family) runs marathons of Christmas movies every year starting December 1st called “The 25 Days of Christmas”! For your convenience, here is the link for the movie schedule http://www.countdownuntilchristmas.com/channel/abc....

Go Pick Out a Christmas Tree.

This can take some time. You aren’t going to walk into Christmas tree farm, look at one tree, and say, “This is it. This is the one.” … Or maybe you will, I don’t know your life. But take your time. Find the perfect tree that fits in your house/apartment. Or you can go and pick out a fake tree, this takes a little less time, but you can be spending a little more money. Bonus: Some of these trees come pre-lit so you don’t have wrap Christmas lights around the tree.

Decorate your Tree and Drink Hot Chocolate.

Make a night of it. Put some Christmas movies or songs on, get that hot chocolate brewing and unpack those ornaments and have everyone pitch into help! This is personally my favorite part of Christmas time.

Drive around and look at the decorations that people have put up.

They are there for your entertainment (which is something I tell myself). I do this by myself, with my friends, and with my family. I just find it so relaxing and there is something magical about it. We listen to Christmas music on Pandora and we drive into different neighborhoods and new towns and we look at the lights on the houses and the blow ups on the front lawn. You may even come to find yourself in a winter wonderland of a house whose owners were amazing enough to take the time to set up a drive thru tour of their decorations!!! Google them and then take the trip. Keep in mind: The houses that normally do these kinds of things, usually ask for canned food donations and when you look them up, most of them include that information.

Hopefully this list has helped perk you up and give you something to look forward to! I know that I have a lot of work to do to get ready for this holiday season, and I cannot wait to get started!!!